FC Barcelona Finances

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Anyone else think this could be a first move towards starting an mls franchise

I don't think so. City and Red Bull are the only two European clubs that have franchise clubs outside of Europe to my knowledge, they have a different business model and vision in my opinion. We are simply there to expand our footprint and influence and generate more commercial revenues. I don't think we have the means and resources or need to have franchise clubs around the world.

F

Flavia

I don't think so. City and Red Bull are the only two European clubs that have franchise clubs outside of Europe to my knowledge, they have a different business model and vision in my opinion. We are simply there to expand our footprint and influence and generate more commercial revenues. I don't think we have the means and resources or need to have franchise clubs around the world.

It seems the primary goal is a women's team:

[tw]773550572070957058[/tw]

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
It seems the primary goal is a women's team:

[tw]773550572070957058[/tw]

Hmm, interesting. I wonder if they see it as a tool to promote our club and presence in the US or intend to use that team as a feeder team for our women's team?

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Hmm, interesting. I wonder if they see it as a tool to promote our club and presence in the US or intend to use that team as a feeder team for our women's team?

A bit of both.

This is good. We won't have a golden generation like we had in a decade so increasing our revenue significantly ahead of our rivals is good. Can't fall behind.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
A bit of both.

This is good. We won't have a golden generation like we had in a decade so increasing our revenue significantly ahead of our rivals is good. Can't fall behind.

Absolutely, I am really happy with the direction they are steering the club in and the vision of a globally admired institution they have for the club. We are going neck with neck with Real Madrid, Bayern, Manchester United, PSG etc. when it comes to commercial revenue EVEN with in the golden generation of Messi & Co., we have to prepare for life after Messi & Co., and make sure we will not be hit with a big plummet in influence and revenues.

frog-fcb

Id say keeping neymar will cover the loss of messi also possibly get paik and lee in the first team and that would be the korean market basically tied up to

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Id say keeping neymar will cover the loss of messi also possibly get paik and lee in the first team and that would be the korean market basically tied up to

No disrespect to the Koreans, but the SK market is too small. Plus, we might lose both of them down the road because of mandatory conscription.

Anyway, we should sign and scoop up talent based on merit, not as a marketing/publicity gimmick to placate certain market/population.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
My Spanish is not that good.
They keep on using Barca brand for their air company so they are paying 50 more?

xXKonan

My Spanish is not that good.
They keep on using Barca brand for their air company so they are paying 50 more?
To sum it up.

[tw]837191882564214784[/tw]

Qatar might not be our shirt sponsor anymore but they will become our Official airline of the Club!

The-Evil-Queen-Laughing-And-Going-Underground-In-Snow-White-and-The-Seven-Dwarfs.gif

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
So Turkish Airlines is out of the picture.
I don't think we profited much.

I could be wrong, but I don't Turkish Airlines was ever an official partner of the club, they just had deals with individual players such as Messi.

Horatio

You're welcome
I could be wrong, but I don't Turkish Airlines was ever an official partner of the club, they just had deals with individual players such as Messi.

They were definitely at one point an official partner, headsponsor even.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans