FC Barcelona Finances

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
And be left without a squad? Adriano and Sandro together don't make what Suarez does, nor their sales would generate a lot of money. They'd need to sell players like Alves, masche too, if the intention were to lower the wage bill. I can see them offloading Suarez, if one of msn has to go. Md's editor, Santi Nolla, publish a piece today, explaining why the Qatar sponsorship may end. As they are this board puppets, it doesn't sound too good right now.

Perhaps in a couple of years when his productivity takes a dive, but I don't expect them to sell him any time soon.

I know our finances look bleak, but I don't think we have reached the point that we have to sell key players to salvage our finances, not yet.

If Qatar ends, I hope they just put down their pride and accept lower but acceptable offers. We need to keep the money stream flowing.

F

Flavia

Perhaps in a couple of years when his productivity takes a dive, but I don't expect them to sell him any time soon.

I know our finances look bleak, but I don't think we have reached the point that we have to sell key players to salvage our finances, not yet.

If Qatar ends, I hope they just put down their pride and accept lower but acceptable offers. We need to keep the money stream flowing.

I don't know how they'll give a raise to Messi and Neymar, in order to keep them, without a good sponsor deal. Selling Neymar would be stupid, as he is the youngest, and Messi is a legend. That's why I think Suarez could be the one sacrificed, if it's needed.

Topolino

Gemusesuppe
I don't know how they'll give a raise to Messi and Neymar, in order to keep them, without a good sponsor deal. Selling Neymar would be stupid, as he is the youngest, and Messi is a legend. That's why I think Suarez could be the one sacrificed, if it's needed.
Flavia, calm down, it's not needed.

One thing this board should be capable with is finances.

F

Flavia

Flavia, calm down, it's not needed.

One thing this board should be capable with is finances.

I'm not nervous :lol:

Just talking about possibilities. This board have proven, time and again, to be utterly incompetent. The signs are pointing to possible problems, we'll have to wait to see what happens. But it's not really looking good right now.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire

Let's hope they reach a deal in Doha soon (I'd like to think they are pretty close otherwise they wouldn't be flying over there, but it is just me) and Nike just pays up.

Topolino

Gemusesuppe
I'm not nervous :lol:

Just talking about possibilities. This board have proven, time and again, to be utterly incompetent. The signs are pointing to possible problems, we'll have to wait to see what happens. But it's not really looking good right now.

This board is always making things look worse than they are. Maybe it's their strategy - tell everyone how bad the situation is and than gloat abot managing it. Really seems to be the strategy since Rosell era imo.

JamDav1982

People freaking out far too much.

Barca are one good shirt deal seat from being richest club in world for first time ever.

The issue is not so much the lack of money being made or potentially being made it is the boom in the market and teams able to offer huge wages.

Even squad players at Barca could go and earn 150k a week now at fairly average teams while clubs desperate for a Messi or Neymar will offer 600/700k a week happy to have one in their squad.

More competitive than ever in terms of wages players can earn.

F

Flavia

This board is always making things look worse than they are. Maybe it's their strategy - tell everyone how bad the situation is and than gloat abot managing it. Really seems to be the strategy since Rosell era imo.

Rosell was a better negotiator, as the snake he is. The way this was handle by Barto was really amateuristic. He sent Faus, he closes a deal. Then the treble, and Barto goes there and demands 40m more. Without a backup offer as leverage. It's like he got mad with power. And in this new world of crazy wages, no way to keep the best players without a raise.

Vlom

Previously known as Mehssi
People freaking out far too much.

Barca are one good shirt deal seat from being richest club in world for first time ever.

Yeah, one good shirt deal Bartomeu said is a DONE DEAL during his campaign. Turns out, he lied, and worse, he screwed it up by himself.

We'll obviously get a sponsor shirt if Qatar pulls back, but definitely not in the promised price tags, which is key seing how our wages bill is about to increase heavily.

Topolino

Gemusesuppe
Rosell was a better negotiator, as the snake he is. The way this was handle by Barto was really amateuristic. He sent Faus, he closes a deal. Then the treble, and Barto goes there and demands 40m more. Without a backup offer as leverage. It's like he got mad with power. And in this new world of crazy wages, no way to keep the best players without a raise.

The only thing Barto got wrong was demanding a raise of 66%. Had he asked for 65-75m it would've been good. Atleast he understood that with the treble our image value increased... but he went over the top.

JamDav1982

The only thing Barto got wrong was demanding a raise of 66%. Had he asked for 65-75m it would've been good. Atleast he understood that with the treble our image value increased... but he went over the top.

They asked for 5m a season more than has been agreed before the election.

Not 40m on top of deal Faus has agreed of a 58-65 deal across the four years.

Home of Barca Fans