What is the best way to get in touch with the club?

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
I have a few ideas to want to pitch to the club, does anyone know the best way to contact the club? E-mailing them? If so, which e-mail address is the one that I should use to e-mail the club? We have quite a few on our site.

JamDav1982

I don't want to discourage you but if you're gonna write in English I wouldn't even bother.

I have contacted them in past about tickets etc in English and have always got back to me.

Although if the idea is 'play Samper not Gumbau' not sure there will be a response.

Galning

I have contacted them in past about tickets etc in English and have always got back to me.

Although if the idea is 'play Samper not Gumbau' not sure there will be a response.

"Got some ideas" doesn't sound like asking them about tickets. Even if you write in Spanish or Catalan I'm pretty confident you won't get a response if you're gonna propose several things.

JamDav1982

"Got some ideas" doesn't sound like asking them about tickets. Even if you write in Spanish or Catalan I'm pretty confident you won't get a response if you're gonna propose several things.

Didnt assume he was going to be asking about tickets, but responding to idea they will ignore anything in English. They dont.

Galning

Didnt assume he was going to be asking about tickets, but responding to idea they will ignore anything in English. They dont.

When did I say that? If you are going to write a letter with several ideas to the club in a foreign language, they really won't respond. That is my point.

JamDav1982

When did I say that? If you are going to write a letter with several ideas to the club in a foreign language, they really won't respond. That is my point.

Dont think it would make any difference what language you write in as they can deal with it easily.

Doubt get any kind of response either way even if in Spanish or Catalan as you said.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Not something that isn't about having a bit of luck or getting a restraining order against you.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
No, no about tickets. It is mostly about data science, predictive analytics and football, as I see it is one thing some sports teams and clubs have adopted, something that will definitely benefit our club.

I really don't expect and anticipate any response, as long as they take a look at what I write and somehow go from there, I will be very happy.

On the point the Galning raised, I don't suppose using Google Translate to translate my e-mail into Catalan is a good idea, is it?

F

Flavia

No, no about tickets. It is mostly about data science, predictive analytics and football, as I see it is one thing some sports teams and clubs have adopted, something that will definitely benefit our club.

I really don't expect and anticipate any response, as long as they take a look at what I write and somehow go from there, I will be very happy.

On the point the Galning raised, I don't suppose using Google Translate to translate my e-mail into Catalan is a good idea, is it?

I think Enrique uses those already.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
I think Enrique uses those already.

We signed a 3-year contract with Telefonica back in 2011 under Rosell, however it appears they did not renew the contract and there is little known as to what had come out of their study. It seems that the project's focus was on bolstering the club's presence in the digital world and enhancing fans' experience as some sort of customer outreach project, not too dissimilar to Real Madrid's partnership with Microsoft that was launched early this year, not what I was looking for. Also, I have done some search and found we do have this guy by the name of Raúl Peláez who heads the "Knowledge Department", but the stuff I saw being mentioned was more on the philosophical side of "cultural factors", I did not see much of how they apply data science in analytics and decision making etc.

Many EPL clubs employ a Director of Sporting Science, apparently, so does Bayern and many other Bundesliga clubs. Do we have someone in similar capacity?

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans