Thomas Lemar

FCBfan22

As I said before, we should be all in for him in January. Selling Paco/Rafinha and Gomes and replacing them with this guy. He can play CM, both wings and could potentialy fill in for Messi at the false 9 role occasionally.

Barcilliant

We should do the groundwork for this guy and secure his signature next season. If he has a good world cup his price will sky rocket.

I'm a big fan of his.

NorthernVictory

I've heard, from some forum members, that he's more talented than Bernardo Silva.

Do you guys think there is truth to this? Maybe Silva is more of a natural winger, yes? (haven't seen enough of Silva to decide)

It seems, from footage and discussions, that Lemar is more of a CM or AM than a winger (but can still play very well on the wing, à la Iniesta.

FCBfan22

He is a great passer, good dribbler, fast, creative, has good long shots and young. He would be a great pairing with Alena in the CM roles for the following years. But sadly our tunnel vision on Coutinho prevailed.

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
I've heard, from some forum members, that he's more talented than Bernardo Silva.

Do you guys think there is truth to this? Maybe Silva is more of a natural winger, yes? (haven't seen enough of Silva to decide)

It seems, from footage and discussions, that Lemar is more of a CM or AM than a winger (but can still play very well on the wing, à la Iniesta.

I would say that Bernardo is a bit more talented naturally. Lemar is much more athletic though. And no, Bernardo is not a natural winger, he is also a CAM/winger hybrid, like David Silva.

Trafalgar

Fu*k Loserpool, I feel bad for Coutinho but we need to cut ties with that shitty club. Lemar and Malcolm are the future!

FCBfan22

We need to get someone like him before Iniesta retires. Between him and Denis, we would solve most of our LCM/LW issues. Coutinho would also do but he will be expensive as hell and I still don't trust Liverpool to let him go (plus he is a Brasilian and we all know what tends to happen with them when they are closing on 30). Under good coaching and Iniesta's influence Lemar has chances to become better than Coutinho IMHO.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
You have to give Messi a mix of WC and talent. Lemar could very well go on to become WC very soon, but if the price is similar which it most likely will be, then I'd prefer Coutinho.

They're also different type of players with different strengths and weaknesses.

Not all Brazilians are the same, I thought people would know that by now, but doesn't seem like it.

Iniesta will already have Alenya to mentor and not have more than a season at most with that. You cannot bring several players and wait for them to get to the required level while Messi's last peak years are being wasted away.

BBZ8800

We need to get someone like him before Iniesta retires. Between him and Denis, we would solve most of our LCM/LW issues. Coutinho would also do but he will be expensive as hell and I still don't trust Liverpool to let him go (plus he is a Brasilian and we all know what tends to happen with them when they are closing on 30). Under good coaching and Iniesta's influence Lemar has chances to become better than Coutinho IMHO.

Denis will never be a starter material.
Lemar is a questionable fit for our style and a risky investment from 100s of angles.
Not to mention that his price is 120M.

He could turn out to be good, or he could be a waste of 2-3 years (while we waited for him).
Hardly sounds like a good idea for Messi's final years when we need a right here-right now type of a proven talent.

Lemar-Denis sounds more like: wow, we haven't solved a shit in our team and wasted a few years on waiting on them than solving our Lcm/Lw issues.

FCBfan22

I don't think that price would be similar to Coutinho's. I think Monaco would sel him for 80-90 million if we approach them early in the summer transfer window, while Liverpool just won't sell under 130-140 million (knowing their current transfer policy). Also if we indeed go for Griezmann (as is widely reported in the last few days), there is no way we can sign him and Coutinho (we would be looking at cca 230-240 million in transfers, which would mean we need to sell all of our deadweight (Paco, Arda, Rafinha, Aleix, Vermaelen, Gomes and maybe even Rakitić) and that is nearly impossible). I think the club should make their mind if they go for Griezmann/Lemar (cca 180-190) combo or Coutinho/another LW/ST combo e.g.
Martial or Werner (again around 180 million or cheaper).

I don't know how much money do we have left, But I'm presuming there is still cca 100 million from Neymar's sale and there is the yearly 60 million transfer budget. I doubt that we can sell any of our deadweights (except Rakitić) for more than 15 million. And there is also the transfer of Yerry Mina, which will probably be 10 million.

Home of Barca Fans