Copa del Rey 2015/2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Catalan Fan

Ok, so Bernabeu won't happen, possibly not Calderon either.San Mames is a decent shout but a long haul for Sevilla fans especially.

So why not Mestalla ? Holds 55,000, reasonable travel time for both sets of fans PLUS we could have Cheryshev as Guest of Honour and present the trophy ?

What's not to like there ?

Galning

Every year the same bullshit about the stadium. Then clubs acting like little kids because they don't want the rival to win a trophy at their ground etc. Spain as a country is a freaking joke. Just arrange everything at the start of the season, problem solved. If this keeps going on just play the game at Camp Nou again.

Messi983

Every year the same bullshit about the stadium. Then clubs acting like little kids because they don't want the rival to win a trophy at their ground etc. Spain as a country is a freaking joke. Just arrange everything at the start of the season, problem solved. If this keeps going on just play the game at Camp Nou again.

Agree.

They should decide in August where the final will be played. Then it would be an incentive for a team that will host the final to get there, whether is Barça, Real, Atleti or some other club. If they couldn't it's their own fault.

I would also suggest 5-year rotation of the final venue between Camp Nou, Bernabeu, Mestalla, Calderon (or new Atleti stadium, when they move) and San Mames/Pizjuan. But people in Spanish federation are not smart enough to do something like that. It's better to have all the drama every year.

4candles

That's a bit harsh to blame the entire country due to the way a sporting league and cup are run ;) It's like saying the entire world is a joke because of FIFA...

But I agree, they should prevent this happening yet again. Either choose the stadium at the start of the season (it works for the UEFA tournaments) or make it a condition of entry for all clubs that the final can be held at their stadium, with no power of veto. But we all know the chances of that happening.

Galning

That's a bit harsh to blame the entire country due to the way a sporting league and cup are run ;) It's like saying the entire world is a joke because of FIFA...

When I say Spain I mean institutions. I'm not that stupid to think everything in a country is shite based on a footballing matter. The rest in Spain is run smoothly? Football, just like every institution in Spain that has a lot of power is as corrupt as it can get. I also think FIFA is a correct representation of the world power wise. Monopoly and whatnot. Power and moneygrabbing old guys. The problem with the Copa del Rey final venue is just another example of a Spanish problem that could be solved in 3 minutes.
It doesn't only work for UEFA tournaments. It works for basically every freaking football competition in the world :lol: except for...Copa del Rey. Big surprise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans