Lliga | Round 8: FC Barcelona - Rayo Vallecano 5-2

Vlom

Previously known as Mehssi
Very happy about the 3pts, was kinda expecting a stressfull game to watch, but as long as we're still hanging at the top next to madrid till Messi and Iniesta are back, it's kinda amazing in itself :)

Neimax

Godlike performance of Neymar. Bravo had some good saves and Suárez and of course Sergi Roberto also played well. But our defence was once again a joke. What's up with Pique once again this season? I hope Vermaelen doesn't get injured again after he recovers so that he can put some pressure on Pique, I think he needs it. Atm I think our best solution would be Vermaelen and Mascherano in the defence. Also Rakitic is a joke at the moment. I hope Enrique gives a shot to Busquets-Roberto-Iniesta when Iniesta is fit again, would be interesting if it works now. And what i will never understand is why he plays Gumbau, but i know that nobody konws that. Furthermore, I hope he plays Munir as long as Messi's fit, as I don't see any potential in Sandro. I know that Munir also didn't really show up, but man, this boy has some talent. He only needs some confidence in his game again and I'm sure he can make it.

Altomonte

I watched the game live at Camp Nou and must say it was entertaining. Barca could have scored 10 goals, easily, but Suarez, Sandro, Rakitic ... had trouble finishing. In particular, Suarez should have scored at least 3 more goals. Rayo Vallecano has some nice players. I was impressed by Lissa, he outplayed Jordi Alba, just dribbled by him left and right. We need to get our act together before we meet real quality opposition.

Catalan Fan

It's still damage limitation until (hopefully) we get a near full strength team back along with Vidal n Turan in Jan, so 3pts is 3pts.

Am not expecting miracles this yr but we might yet challenge for 1 or 2 trophies.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
I watched the game live at Camp Nou and must say it was entertaining. Barca could have scored 10 goals, easily, but Suarez, Sandro, Rakitic ... had trouble finishing. In particular, Suarez should have scored at least 3 more goals. Rayo Vallecano has some nice players. I was impressed by Lissa, he outplayed Jordi Alba, just dribbled by him left and right. We need to get our act together before we meet real quality opposition.

Glad you had fun, it really looked like an exciting match.
Did you also cheer for Douglas when he came on? :)

Pepe Silvia

Could be wrong but from the 65 or so minutes I watched of the game, everyone but Busquets, Roberto and Neymar looked quite pathetic. Bravo was decent I suppose. Just looked very sloppy. The game was kind of hard to watch for me in terms of that Barca style.

Home of Barca Fans