Riechedly Bazoer

Xavinho

12552_1444067399_151004ll5321.jpg

Club: Ajax
Date of birth: 12 October 1996 (age 18)
Place of birth: Utrecht, Netherlands
Height: 1.84 m (6 ft 1⁄2 in)
Position: Central midfielder

Really promising young midfielder who seems to play with the calmness of someone much older (he turns 19 in a few days). He's just a talent now of course, but if he continues his development he could be a very complete player. He's fast, strong, and good on the ball. It's amazing to think that he used to play as a centre back for PSV, but when he moved to Ajax they felt his talents were being wasted there so they moved him forward.

[youtube]zqvPgBLadmk[/youtube]

Interestingly, we've been linked to him recently.

[tw]651063317084151808[/tw]

It's only Md, so take it with a pinch of salt of course. I think he'd be a great signing though, and I read he's a big Barca fan too.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
We should definitely keep an eye on Ajax as their system resembles our own.
I watched a little of Ajax-PSV last weekend but don't remember him.

Xavinho

We should definitely keep an eye on Ajax as their system resembles our own.
I watched a little of Ajax-PSV last weekend but don't remember him.

He was the one whose shot deflected out to Younes to score the Ajax goal, and the one who headed the ball off the line to stop PSV going 2-1 up just before the end of the first half.

They showed Rijkaard was in the crowd at that game which was interesting because it got me thinking about how he and Bazoer have kind of a similar style of play. If Bazoer goes on to have even half the success that Frank had though, he'll have done very well for himself.

MessiDinho10

This guy is amazing, I can't understand how he was deployed as a CB at PSV, he has so much more to offer than defending and passing.

Barça should keep scouting Ajax and PSV's youth teams, there are some real gems coming through in the next three years. Right now it's Bazoer, Hendrix, Tete, Riedewald and Willems, in two to three years there will be Nouri, Van de Beek, Bergwijn, Cerny and Savastano who have immense potential.

Jesse1509

Detalles, detalles, siempre detalles
Bazoer is one of my favourite players in the Eredivisie, and that usually doesn't happen to me with Ajax's players. He's always collected in possession, and he offers physicality too. A very mature player for his age: he's probably be the most talented U20 player who plays regularly in the Eredivisie now. He usually plays as a CDM or a CM, and he's very complete.....he might play his first game for the national team in the days to come too: he's chosen above, for instance, Nigel de Jong, whom Blind doesn't rate, apparently.

JPM85

I know we shouldnt compare them as Pogba is more of an attacking midfielder, but he could be the kind of signing Juventus did with Pogba.

We could grab him at below 25M fee (thought his contract is till 2019), or lower if we leave him for another year at Ajax. Could be the bargain of the century if he develops into the next Yaya/Pogba/Rijkaard esque player.

Xavinho

[youtube]m4frXLEUFrw[/youtube]

I thought Bazoer had a good game against Heracles. Played a nice through ball at the start of the highlights above, and got an assist at 1:35. Great finish from Gudelj too.

Home of Barca Fans