Lliga | Round 7: Sevilla - FC Barcelona 2-1

SeloBarca

We reaaaally need a good playmaking CM. Rakitic cant handle that role, and neither can Iniesta anymore.
Our defence is really really weak aswell, no more buying subpar old defenders that cant play 2 games without getting injured or is slower than me in a wheelchair.
Even our attack is really bad if any of our main 3 gets injured. Munir and Sandro are nowhere near good enough.

We need a world class central defender, Gundogan and a good squadplayer attacker like Larsson, Henry or Gudjohnsen .
Get rid of all the deadweight players that never will be good for our team like Vermaelen, Douglas, Mathieu, One of Sandro/Munir and Adriano.

barcafan161

Bright side is as long as real drop points we are still in the mix

That's all we can ask for here..we have so many guys out we just need to stay afloat

Barcafan 2304

Calmed down a bit after the disappointment earlier. Unlucky in a lot of respects, poor finishing in some but the chief concern is the defence. It needs stabilising urgently

jairzinho

Disappointed, but not worried. Again, we were not impressive at this stage last season. I'm confident we can turn things around in the business end, granted we keep touch with the front which we should be able to do, barring a meltdown. My only concern, is the trip to the far east for the WCC. We're pretty much banged up at this point, the last thing we need now is a trip around the world .

VivaBarcelona

But Bravo is back in the squad now. He does not need excuses, he winds up with a clean sheet more often than not. I hope he plays every game for the rest of the season.

Keeper doesn't stop goals on his own needs a defence too and Mathieu was poor today, not good enough to play for Barca defensively.

We won't win La Liga because over 38 games our lack of depth will kill us, people can say January all they like, just under 19 games which is half of the 38 games in La Liga will have been played and we won't be top. Still confident we'll make history by retaining the UCL tho.

barcafan161

Keeper doesn't stop goals on his own needs a defence too and Mathieu was poor today, not good enough to play for Barca defensively.

We won't win La Liga because over 38 games our lack of depth will kill us, people can say January all they like, just under 19 games which is half of the 38 games in La Liga will have been played and we won't be top. Still confident we'll make history by retaining the UCL tho.
depends how far behind we are.

barcasuarez

Hi Guys.

I have to say for the most part, my overwhelming feeling was that it was a truly entertaining match, regardless of the result. Here is a quick summary of my thoughts on the match.

[youtube]https://youtu.be/deBuyxD9iHM[/youtube]

Let me know if you guys agree or disagree.

VivaBarcelona

depends how far behind we are.
Course it does but it'll still come back to these defeats IMO. Defeat in the El Clasico would be a disaster.

Los Blancos will win tomorrow, Atleti without Koke and just Gabi and Tiago in midfield with youngsters on flanks, Benitez has them set up well, they'll win this derby. Could be 4 points behind Villarreal too because they should beat Levante and we've still to play them at Camp Nou without Messi and that's one tough game believe me.

serghei

Defeat in the El Clasico would be a disaster

Depends on how the two teams arrive at the clasico. If we arrive -6 behind Madrid, then yes, it would be very bad. If we arrive level on points, or even slightly in the lead, then it's no big deal if we lose the game, especially taking into account that the next clasico is in Barcelona.

Barcilliant

This may be a blessing in disguise or maybe I'm just being over optimistic.

I think the league is out of reach but this may motivate us more in the Cl. When it comes to retaining the Cl it will be very difficult if we're chasing in La liga too.
I think we will drop too many points between now and January to remain competitive in La liga. So it's Cl or bust imo.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
This may be a blessing in disguise or maybe I'm just being over optimistic.

I think the league is out of reach but this may motivate us more in the Cl. When it comes to retaining the Cl it will be very difficult if we're chasing in La liga too.
I think we will drop too many points between now and January to remain competitive in La liga. So it's Cl or bust imo.

Already?

arjunanand1

Too many are writing off our league chances already. I still think it's too early. We won 8 games in a row (one was a draw I think), and then lost to RM in the Clasico and then continued to have a couple of bad games but we still made it back. The only blips thereafter were Sociedad and Malaga, which again, we overcame.

I'm concerned, but not worried at this point. I'm sure Lucho will fix things soon enough. Also, we've been quite unlucky to lost a lot of key players. Better now than at the middle of the season.

Home of Barca Fans