Leroy Sane

Jägermeister

Dembele's Injuries held him back & valverde.

Also yes dembele is/was better than sane, look at them in Germany.

Tbf, Sane played in a far inferior team, so it is hard to tell which one of them was better at Schalke/Dortmund. I believe they are very close in terms of talent and potential, but only one of them had the chance to prove it so far.

gregorrin10

Dropped from the WC squad

wow, seriously? I mean i know Germany are probably the strongest country out there right now, depth-wise but still, this is a major surprise for me. I would drop an experienced (but only with a mediocre season behind them) Ozil or Muller before i'd drop Sane who bossed it under Pep this year, if it were up to me. I mean i know seniority and big tournament experience goes a long way, but you just cannot deny Sane's brilliance this year, he truly is a beast in the making, probably just behind Mbappe and Dembele in terms of best young players out there right now.

Edit: Just found Reus on the final list too, but not Sane, i mean what? :lol:

Last edited:
M

MessiCam

Not surprised by his exclusion. Germany play a very different game to City.

Jägermeister

Löw probably plans to use Reus or Draxler on the left side and Sane is inexperienced with the NT (actually Reus is as well lol) so I guess that is why he dropped him.

Sorin

Yeah, but like [MENTION=16993]Jägermeister[/MENTION] says, Low probably plans to play Reus or Draxler in his position. Reus at his best is an undisputed starter, but he's unreliable health wise and then you're stuck with Draxler. Is Draxler a better option than Sane? I doubt it.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Löw probably plans to use Reus or Draxler on the left side and Sane is inexperienced with the NT (actually Reus is as well lol) so I guess that is why he dropped him.

Yeah, but like @Jägermeister says, Low probably plans to play Reus or Draxler in his position. Reus at his best is an undisputed starter, but he's unreliable health wise and then you're stuck with Draxler. Is Draxler a better option than Sane? I doubt it.

Except he said in the press conference the decision was between Brandt and Sane.

MTL_Barca

Well he dropped him for Brandt tho not for Draxler/Reus. Brandt is average and also not a factor for the NT so it's surprising even with Sanés bad record for the NT.

Löw probably doesn't like the kid since he dropped the confed cup last summer so that maybe didn't help him now too.

Home of Barca Fans