Leroy Sane

BarçaBarça

Bayern is out of the race for him, because they don't want to pay 110M € for him (lol).

We should ditch Neymar, like he ditched us, and go all out for this guy, maybe throw in a Rakitic or two in the deal :lol:
Sane for 110M is a way better deal than a Neymar for double. Maybe we can include Malcom to reduce the price or Coutinho for a straight swap?

Sane has pace and intelligence, which is exactly what we need to base our attack on in the future. Neymar will destroy our wagebill, while Sane can be on reasonable wages, which is another crucial concern for our future.

Sorin

Bayern is out of the race for him, because they don't want to pay 110M € for him (lol).

We should ditch Neymar, like he ditched us, and go all out for this guy, maybe throw in a Rakitic or two in the deal :lol:
Sane for 110M is a way better deal than a Neymar for double. Maybe we can include Malcom to reduce the price or Coutinho for a straight swap?

Sane has pace and intelligence, which is exactly what we need to base our attack on in the future. Neymar will destroy our wagebill, while Sane can be on reasonable wages, which is another crucial concern for our future.

Pep would only want Messi, De Jong and maybe Dembele from our current players. If Rakitic would be involved in any deal we'd have to pay more, not less. :lol:

Laplacian

Pep would only want Messi, De Jong and maybe Dembele from our current players. If Rakitic would be involved in any deal we'd have to pay more, not less. :lol:

Definitely not Dembele, dude can't control a 5 yard pass and has questionable decision making 70% of the time. His final ball is really lacking. He also can't operate in tight spaces. B.Silva, Sterling, Sane, and hopefully Mahrez in the future all have better ball playing abilities than Dembele.

inb4 it's Valverde's fault Dembele has no ball control in tight spaces.

Afromaticz

Definitely not Dembele, dude can't control a 5 yard pass and has questionable decision making 70% of the time. His final ball is really lacking. He also can't operate in tight spaces. B.Silva, Sterling, Sane, and hopefully Mahrez in the future all have better ball playing abilities than Dembele.

Lol do you ever take a break? I admire your dedication

Sorin

So did Sterling and Sane before Pep. If he'd lose Sane, I have no doubts that he'd take Dembele without thinking twice.

Afromaticz

So did Sterling and Sane before Pep. If he'd lose Sane, I have no doubts that he'd take Dembele without thinking twice.

And it was Pep that wanted to buy Dembele before he joined us but let the resident Dembele haters tell u that his ball control is shit

mia7007

For sure Dembele is more talented than everyone above, don’r Compare players under Pep with another under Valverde. If Dembele plays under Pep he will be a monster

Laplacian

Lol Pep Guardiola gave Sterling and Sané ball control too, now? You guys are seriously overestimating a coach's influence in a player, it's genuinely borderline ludicrous now. Pep chose those players because he saw them as great technicians fit to play and excel in his team.

Sterling always had remarkable intelligence on and off the ball even back in Liverpool, he had problems with end product but he was never at Dembele's level of incompetence in Barcelona. His close control dribbling is also one of the best in the PL, he in my opinion was second behind Hazard.

For sure Dembele is more talented than everyone above, don’r Compare players under Pep with another under Valverde. If Dembele plays under Pep he will be a monster

If Dembele played under Pep he would have been sold for his atrocious technique (dribbling and passing) in tight areas. That's not dependent on coaching, that's inherent ability. Pep's coaching won't suddenly give Dembele a brain and technique, I'm sure he would have been FAR less patient than Valverde.

Dembele is better than Sane.

I watch both City and Barcelona on a regular basis, Sane's passing (especially his crossing) beats Dembele's but not by much. I believe this is the area that's affected by coaching a lot. If Dembele was in his place he'd be making similar crosses to Sterling/Silva/Aguero. That's where I agree.

Sané's ball control and dribbling in tight areas however is at level Dembele has never shown in Barcelona, Dortmund, or Rennes. Along with close ball control footwork, he also has the balance and agility to constantly shift his body in "standing position." With Dembele that only appears when he's in stride.

Sané's intelligence off the ball beats Dembele's by kilometres. This is cultivated by coaching I agree, but it's also partly inherent ability. I've never seen Dembele moving the ball around with short passes in short spaces and creating opportunities out of nothing through sheer movement off the ball. Barcelona creates opportunities exactly the same way, it's their style of play. The veterans excel at it, Coutinho despite being worthless as shit constantly shows it when he's having a good game, Aleña has shown it, Riqui Puig with his little appearances has shown it, and so has Malcom. Clearly Valverde isn't hampering our players' ability to create opportunities through quick short passing and movement. It's literally just fucking Ousmane Dembele. He barely did it in Dortmund, Rennes, and he barely does it now.

Sané's composure is also better. I would say their finishing technique is similar, but Sane actually has the composure and intelligence to utilise it in front of goal. He does quite well in 1 on 1 chances, whereas with Dembele it's like flipping a coin. Although I believe Sané would never score the goal Dembele scored against Spurs, he also would have never given you the Liverpool miss. Dembele also wouldn't give you consistent composed goals that Sane gives to City on a regular basis. Dembele will also never have the talent and intelligence to be a great set piece taker (particularly direct free kicks), Sane is showing that he has the potential to be world class in that area.

I don't know why you people like to think it's so clear cut with Dembele and other "young talents" like it's a given. Dembele has more "Magic", but Sané has a lot of skillsets that Dembele quite literally lacks.

I'm telling you, he wouldn't succeeded with Pep.

Last edited:

MTL_Barca

Sané and Sterling are both good examples of why Pep is so amazing. Even if we forget Dembele for a second i'm still sure they both wouldn't be nowhere near their current level with Valverde and some users here would trash them for being low IQ players that will never make it.

Dembele does have a different skillset and maybe he would never reach the highest level no matter who his coach is, but it's still infuriating he has to play a big part of his early career under probably the worst coach imaginable when it comes to developing players and finding a role where they can shine for them.

Last edited:

FC B

+1

But Farto and Failverde already bought Griezmann for the left wing spot, why should they try to buy an excellent winger to play there in his native postion?

Home of Barca Fans