Bayer_04_Leverkusen.v1317635139.png

Date: Tuesday, 09/29/2015 20:45
Stadium: Camp Nou
City: Barcelona
Capacity: 99,786
Competition: Champions League

• Injured: Messi, Rafinha, Bravo, Vermaelen
  • Doubtful: Alba

After Saturday’s 2-1 win over Las Palmas at the Camp Nou, marred by the injury to Lionel Messi, Barça returned to training on Sunday with the focus turning to the midweek match against Bayer Leverkusen.
Luis Enrique oversaw a recovery session at Ciutat Esportiva with the available first team players, as well as Gerard Gumbau from the reserve team.
The squad is preparing for the second Champions League group game of the season against Leverkusen which will take place on Tuesday at the Camp Nou at 8.45pm CET.

hmubshq.jpg

Barcafan 2304

Leverkusen will pose a test and we have to raise our game. Key game in determining or giving a clue as to how we will manage in the next few weeks

Alik

Looking forward to it. :barcascarf:

We better win it if we want to top our group without further worries in the last matches.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
This is important match after we drew at Olimpico with Roma.
Sevilla away is only on Sunday so Lucho will surely go with best available 11.

Barcilliant

Don't be surprised if Leverkusen spring an upset.
Any team with a defence in disarray is vulnerable at the top level. Add Messi's absence and we could be in for a frustrating night.

Antimadridista1

Champions league nights at the Camp Nou are always magic. I think that the players will step up their game, specially Neymar. Good feeling about this one.
I can't wait to see if Lucho will keep the same tactics and start witht three forwards or switch to a 4-4-2 starting eleven.

Mats
Dani - Pique - Mascherano - Alba/Mathieu
Rakitic - Busquets - Iniesta
Munir - Suarez - Neymar

I think that we should probably play this one with Munir/Sandro as the third forward and try to play with four midfielders against Sevilla.

Bravo
Dani - Pique - Mathieu - Alba
Rakitic - Busi - Masche - Iniesta
Suarez - Neymar

SOM-HI !!

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Just don't give Calhanoglu a chance from a FK.

Yeah, we also need to watch out for such a versatile forward in Julian Brandt, Bellarabi giving Alba problems and Kampl's speed. And Chricharito scoring goals out of the blue.

Neymessi

The match is at camp nou and I would be happy if we create loads of chances because if we can't on camp nou without messi then what will we do in the hard away games?A win is also a must.

Nicky86

I think is time for Suarez to tell his value, also and all the available players should be on the top of the duty. Further, Barca should pay attention on Calhanoglu especially from free kick and Mehmedi is an unforeseen player.

Last edited:

Mido

Leverkusen will bring it to Barca : they have physically very strong and technically solid midfield and , sadly, more depth than us. It's very likely that they'll plays in a 4-4-2 system and start to press 40 meters form their goal to launch counter-attacks. Kampl and Bellarabi can be very concerning issues. I hope we'll bring the heat to them from the very beginning and not let them establish their comfort zone. Alves, Alba and Iniesta will have to be very fresh.

[formation=barca,6]
Ter Stegen
0-0-0-Piqué-0-0-0
0-Mascherano-0-0-0-Mathieu-0
0-0-0-0-0-0-0
Alves/Roberto-0-0-Busquets-0-0-Alba
0-Rakitic/Alves-0-0-0-Iniesta-0
0-0-0-0-0-0-0
0-Suarez-0-0-0-Neymar-0
[/formation]

I don't know Lucho's stance on systems with 3 defenders, I believe a 3-3-3-1 system could be very interesting. The stakes might be to in this game to try it :

[formation=barca,6]
ter Stegen
Bartra-0-0-Piqué-0-0-Mathieu
0-0-0-Mascherano-0-0-0
0-Rakitic-0-0-0-Busquets-0
0-0-0-Iniesta-0-0-0
0-Alves-0-0-0-Neymar-0
0-0-0-Suarez-0-0-0
0-0-0-0-0-0-0
[/formation]

The biggest challenge in this system is to foil Leverkusen's 4-4-2 pressing in our first 30-40 meters if they decide to do so. Once the ball would be transmitted to Busquets or Rakitic , we could have a lot of space t ooperate in.

dakt

As I said earlier I would be more then happy to see us perform well without Leo. Luckily Alba is back.

Home of Barca Fans