CL | Round 2 - E: FC Barcelona - Bayer Leverkusen 2-1

Alik

Happy with 3 points but unhappy with team play and Iniesta's injury. And yeah, the atmosphere didn't sound good at all and I have to agree with Lucho when he says that this team needs more support when things go bad.

You're one post away from 14 000. :p

klc123

Least we somehow top the group

A draw against Roma and a tough win against Bayern Leverkusen. "Somehow".

Why does no one remember the games with Pep when we played terrible and scraped a victory?

Look on the bright side guys, we could be Arsenal fans.

raskolnikov

Result wise its all good, draw at roma and win against leverkussen. Given the circumstances its all fine.

Maybe we should try a 4-4-2 in the upcoming games since we lack midfielders.

[formation=barca,6]
0-0-0-Bravo-0-0-0
Alves-0-Pique-0-Mascherano-0-Matthieu
0-0-0-0-0-0-0
0-0-0-Busquets-0-0-0
Sergi Roberto-0-0-0-0-0-Alba
0-0-0-Rakitic-0-0-0
0-0-Suarez-0-Neymar-0-0
[/formation]

Let Matthieu (or adriano) stick to defence with Alba covering the whole left flank, Alves and Sergi Roberto can do the same on the right with Rakitic to launch Suarez and Neymar while we play a more counter attacking approach for the upcoming games.
Quality teams are adaptable.

CuleLife4Life

So I've just come back from the stadium, from my first ever Barca match!

Am really glad we won, because otherwise my first experience would have been Barca having the poorest performance in recent times.

Everyone was poor really. Mathieu and Sandro were downright terrible. Although, Neymar and Iniesta tried a bit in the first half.

Roberto was of course the man of the match. Lovely move by Munir. And once again, Suarez gets in the score sheet.

Hopefully we learn how to operate without Messi. It's ridiculous how a team with Iniesta, Neymar, and Suarez were so toothless.

PS: I was a bit disappointed with the atmosphere at the Camp Nou, but it picked up a bit after the 2 goals. Also, there quite a few empty seats.

Glad you enjoyed a win!

I try to go to Camp Nou a few times a year for games and unfortunately this is an issue or the crowd is just not even making noise.

gregorrin10

My god, i wonder if at least now Samper's finally gonna get called up, since we literally have only Gumbau on the bench as the only midfielder, so we practically don't have a decent midfielder sub right now. But I really feel Samper along with S. Roberto could bring new life to this team and show Bartman the value of La Masia once again, and save our midfield until January when finally Arda, maybe Vidal too, can play midfield. And if Samper's not gonna get called up now then he's never going to be. The decision to give Gumbau the go-ahead was silly enough, i guess now he'll call up Babunski or Camara or someone before Samper:lucho::lol:

utility73

For most parts this had been a horror show, though not really unexpected. With our current form, especially the chaotic back line we were prone to get in trouble against the pressing of Leverkusen. On the other hand what was extremely positive is that our boys showed a lot of fighting spirit and were therefore able to overpower Bayer late in the game to win those very important three points.

Also for once I am really happy for an international break coming up.

Look on the bright side guys, we could be Arsenal fans.
:lol:

Last edited:

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
English (UK) commentators encouraging English teams to deceive refs & dive while shamelessly showing bias against Barca...they were difficult to stomach recently....going to switch to Spanish commentators (the irony eh?)

Barcafan 2304

English (UK) commentators encouraging English teams to deceive refs & dive while shamelessly showing bias against Barca...they were difficult to stomach recently....going to switch to Spanish commentators (the irony eh?)

Always difficult to stomach mate. Their constant assertion that the EPL is the be all and end all despite recent European results is annoying to

Home of Barca Fans