Messi out for 7 weeks

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Argentinian international got injured at today's La Liga match between FC Barcelona and Las Palmas.

407917-lionel-messi-gestures700.jpg

Messi injured his knee and was taken off. He is currently under tests in hospital.

First news is that Messi would be out for 6-8 weeks.

F

Flavia

[tw]647792158200741888[/tw]

He's is out of the clinic... Limping :(
Also, he's wearing tchakap pants.

F

Flavia

[tw]647803798509998084[/tw]

Damn.

[tw]647805903870296064[/tw]

serghei

Shit. He'll be back in time for the clasico hopefully. We should be able to deal with him missing in this period of the season.

Alik

Crap. After travelling thousands of kilometers, I bought my first ticket ever to watch a Barcelona match (vs Leverkusen), and Messi gets injured :(

Guess I'll have to wait until I can watch him live.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
[tw]647803798509998084[/tw]

Damn.

[tw]647805903870296064[/tw]

Luckily the schedule isn't too bad in the next 8 weeks. I could careless about the Copa game, the most important thing is to beat Leverkusen at home next Tuesday and try not to lose points in Sevilla. We need to do our best to not let the gap between us and Real Madrid get any wider in the next 8 weeks.

After that it is crunch time, Clasico and then Roma in a span of three days, I believe, even with Messi back, given that his form will not be that good, it will be a helluva November for us.

Altomonte

Messi will have time to spend with his kids. Maybe also to get married and put the tax problems behind him. But watching Barça play will be much less fun. Time for Neymar to step up and grow up.

King Leo

Banned
Luckily the schedule isn't too bad in the next 8 weeks. I could careless about the Copa game, the most important thing is to beat Leverkusen at home next Tuesday and try not to lose points in Sevilla. We need to do our best to not let the gap between us and Real Madrid get any wider in the next 8 weeks.

After that it is crunch time, Clasico and then Roma in a span of three days, I believe, even with Messi back, given that his form will not be that good, it will be a helluva November for us.

My prediction he will make it sooner than 8 weeks but can we say Good buy to La liga? Beating Sevilla at San Pizjuan without Leo is an enormous task. But wait we have Munir :lol:

hulinat

My prediction he will make it sooner than 8 weeks but can we say Good buy to La liga? Beating Sevilla at San Pizjuan without Leo is an enormous task. But wait we have Munir :lol:

Sevilla is in shit form and we're leading the league by 1pt..

i_bleed_blaugrana

It's Neymar's time.

Really tragic news, knowing Messi, he will be training hella hard to get back to top shape. He came back from injury fairly well last time.

I'm just afraid of him reinjurying if he is rushed back. Real and Roma will be very intense games, and it's no stretch of the imagination to say he will be targeted. A rash tackle by Pepe or Nainggolan, and he could have a serious problem.

Well, we got real lucky with injuries last season and now we are getting hit hard by them now. Tough luck.

ebc_99

We should be fine, we did ok last time he was out and that was without Suarez and Neymar is more important to the team now as well.

Home of Barca Fans