President of FC Barcelona
el-barca-sigue-a-ruben-neves.jpg

Full Name: Rúben Diogo da Silva Neves
Date of Birth: 13 March 1997
Place of Birth: Mozelos, Portugal
Height: 1.80m(5 ft 11 in)
Position: Midfielder
Current Team: FC Porto

Apparently one of the players our scouts have travelled a lot to Portugal lately to watch.

xXKonan

Apparently he can be Deployed as a Defensive Midfielder as well.

I believe he's also more of a Box to box Midfielder overall wouldn't be bad to have in this squad.

Deco10

He is a DM, it's his best position . Very good prospect, he is very mature for his age ( he is only 18) . He is a busquets type MD, who is known for his technical abbilities and football IQ.

MaxY

Devil May Cry
Reports suggest Real Madrid are in the frame to sign 18-year-old Porto midfielder Ruben Neves.

raki

How good is he? [MENTION=19224]raki[/MENTION]

He´s good at 8 position but Porto will ask a fortune for him so he´s not worth the 30/40M. It´s too early to say if he´s world class, and that´s the standard that barça should aim for. Barça needs a proven WC player in midfield not a very promising 18 year boy.

raki

This is what I thought. I've seen him described as similar to Alonso.

No. He is not a DM. He is a number 8 type of player. Setting the tempo, very good work rate, great in short and long passes and making the game fluid.
But he´s 18 and te price tag is 40M. Not worth it, at the moment. Not at all.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
No. He is not a DM. He is a number 8 type of player. Setting the tempo, very good work rate, great in short and long passes and making the game fluid.
But he´s 18 and te price tag is 40M. Not worth it, at the moment. Not at all.

So deep lying playmaker?

Home of Barca Fans