Riyad Mahrez

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Let's bid on him to jack up the price for Real Madrid.

In all seriousness, a good player that I would love us to have.

Egert

Estonian Culé
Riyad Mahrez (Leicester): "I always watch Barcelona on TV at home because I like how they play." [telegraph]

Mahrez (Leicester): "When people mention me and Messi together it’s amazing, because to me Messi is the best of the best." [telegraph]

El Flaco

Quotes from Mahrez interview with Telegraph two days ago

“What we’re doing is very good for English football, you can see that even without big stars you can do something. Maybe soon we will be big stars but it’s so strange when you look at the table and we are first, looking at the big clubs below us”

“When our backs are against the wall we respond. Then you see the real man, the real warrior. We’ve only lost to Chelsea and Arsenal since April and who would have said that? Nobody.”

“I feel like I’ve gone up another level this season. Last year was my first in a big league so it was all about experience and it toughened me up.

“This year I’ve played more games and that has helped me. Maybe becoming a father has given me a lot of luck because I keep scoring. When I play at home I feel like I’m flying. When people mention me and Messi together it’s amazing, because to me Messi is the best of the best. You can’t say anything to him, he’s the boss. I always watch Barcelona on TV at home because I like how they play.”

“Why would I want to go anywhere? It’s not in my head to go now. I’ll just finish the season and then we’ll see. I’ve got four years here on my contract until 2019. Life is good.”

It’s a very good story for both of us because we started at the bottom. ‘Vards’ was in his mid-twenties when he came to Leicester but I was only 19 when I went to Quimper. I was playing in the city with my friends before that”

“When I went to Le Havre I wasn’t physically ready. I was skinny and not strong enough to play in a tough league. They told me to go back to the second team. I was very disappointed but maybe that helped me to be the way I am now.

“My father was a big influence. He kept telling me to pursue football, always. He always encouraged me and my brother, he would sometimes play with us when I was with my friends. He would be very proud of me now.”

“It’s just natural. Even when I was young I had a reputation for it. I would play with my friends outside and I was doing all the things you see now a long time ago,” he says. “I’ve always done the flip-flap, even when I was young. Stepovers, dummies, I love to dribble. If you speak with my friends they will say I’m the same Riyad.”

“I’ve been really surprised, I don’t know what has happened to them. They have lost confidence, it’s something strange. Nobody recognises them at the moment”

“I hope they’re not going to wake up on Monday – but they will eventually. They’re better than Manchester United, who we played a few weeks ago.

“Chelsea are more dangerous than them, even though they are 16th. When you see Chelsea it makes you realise how things can change so quickly.”

“I don’t think we can win the league. I don’t like to speak about it because football goes fast. You can be first and then in six games you can be 12th. The results can just flip and everybody can forget.

“We want to get to 42 points and then who knows? Playing in Europe is a dream of ours, especially with this team because we grew up from the Championship. It’s basically the same team with only a few changes to the first 11.

“Top six would be brilliant but I don’t want to finish fifth, I want fourth. I’d rather finish fourth or third than sixth because that would be so close. I wouldn’t want to just miss out.”

Last edited:

El Flaco

Mahrez nutmeg on Hazard + dribble thorugh Chelsea's defense

[gfy]UnhappyFirmIndianjackal[/gfy]

Alternative Angles

[gfy]UnsungJoyfulBackswimmer[/gfy]

Last edited:

Ghostmaster

Danger Ahead
I saw this guy yesterday for the first time and I must say I am impressed. It's probably because of poor Chelsea's defense though:mou:

Galning

The funniest thing about that Hazard nutmeg is him going into a 50 cm sprint just to make believe he's contributing defensively only to go jog after Mahrez.

Yannik

Both Mahrez & Vardy, will be absolutely untradable, no matter what.
Leicester won't sell in winter because those 2 are the key for a possible CL qualification or even a title.
If Leicester manages to do so, their prices will be over the moon, so either PL clubs will buy them for crazy Bale-esque money (will be even more expensive when its PL rival asking for them) or PSG - not Real because those 2 are not yet prestigious enough for F. Perez
And if Leicester somehow enters the 2nd leg of the league in atrocious form, then both Vardy and Mahrez might be affordable, but are also not as attractive anymore as they are now.
Speaking of attractive, Vardy is breaking records, but I think everyone agrees that Mahrez will be the guy everyone reaches out for.

So, here's the thing about Vardy and Mahrez.

b57e11d676f2956e813b1140cdddcb63.gif

You can look but you cant touch.

Qqqq

Mahrez nutmeg on Hazard + dribble thorugh Chelsea's defense

[gfy]UnhappyFirmIndianjackal[/gfy]

Alternative Angles

[gfy]UnsungJoyfulBackswimmer[/gfy]

What the fuck is up with Leicester's pitch pattern? I'm kinda loving it, but really: What the fuck?

Home of Barca Fans