Barca waiting approval for Arda

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
According to Catalunya radio FC Barcelona has formally asked the Royal Spanish Football Federation (RFEF) and FIFA to process the registration of Arda Turan to replace injured Rafinha based on the laws and regulations of the RFEF.

Initially the Catalan club had no plans to enable this option but if a long term injury is sustained in La Liga, the clubs are allowed to register replacement if a player is signed from the league.

barca-federacion-fifa-inscripcion-arda-arda-turan.jpg

If FIFA accepts, Arda will play in La Liga and Copa. The Champions League regulations, however, do not allow new registrations if long-term injury occurs unless if goalkeepers are concerned.

khaled_a_d

IIRC when Vermaelen was injured we asked FIFA about the possibility of signing a player for him and they have rejected .if this is the case I have no idea how they would reject the request this time .they will be basically counting both pre-ban and post ban parts of the season as a part of the ban which is totally unjustified

arjunanand1

That doesn't make any sense. I thought they already confirmed that the ban ended after the window shut down. Plus I think other teams have signed emergency re-inforcements after the window before in La Liga, or is that not the case?

barcanuck

But it's the Spanish rules about replacement players being registered, I think FIFA has no jurisdiction over this rule.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
But it's the Spanish rules about replacement players being registered, I think FIFA has no jurisdiction over this rule.

They don't, but the player still have to get registered in the FIFA system. That's the problem here. FIFA saying we don't give a shit about your rules because we're gonna remain fucking retards and make up our own shit to prevent your players from getting registered.

Hopefully the new FIFA administration isn't this thick.

And that Blatter, Valcke and everyone else end up rotting in prison in the US.

Last edited:

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Apparently they do, or hold some kind of power about this decision.

The power they hold is that Arda Turan and Aleix Vidal are still not registered as FC Barcelona players in the FIFA TMS System, they're not 'officially' Barca players in that sense. The rules in Spain state that in case of a serious injury like this, a new player can be registered, transferred within the league and in Spain they are willing to register Arda, but for that to happen, we'd have to register Arda officially with FIFA first and they're saying they don't give a damn about the rules there despite of our transfer ban having ended in August 31.

xXKonan

Typical FIFA bunch of Bitter Shitheads.

Really not surprised I knew they would Find a way to Shoot down our chance to Register Arda. Despite a Fifa official telling the club the Ban ended August 31st, they still love making shit up as they go and ignoring the REFF rules.

arjunanand1

The power they hold is that Arda Turan and Aleix Vidal are still not registered as FC Barcelona players in the FIFA TMS System, they're not 'officially' Barca players in that sense. The rules in Spain state that in case of a serious injury like this, a new player can be registered, transferred within the league and in Spain they are willing to register Arda, but for that to happen, we'd have to register Arda officially with FIFA first and they're saying they don't give a damn about the rules there despite of our transfer ban having ended in August 31.

Typical FIFA. One wouldn't expect them to do the logical thing...

barcanuck

They don't, but the player still have to get registered in the FIFA system. That's the problem here. FIFA saying we don't give a shit about your rules because we're gonna remain fucking retards and make up our own shit to prevent your players from getting registered.

Hopefully the new FIFA administration isn't this thick.

And that Blatter, Valcke and everyone else end up rotting in prison in the US.

Blatter in a country club jail :) He ain't going to St. Quinton don't worry no butt **** for him. Just tennis and pitch and putt at his jail.

Home of Barca Fans