Lucho: "Rotations are necessary"

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
After 4-1 win vs. Levante, Barca manager spoke in post-match press conference.

Enrique spoke about line-up and stated that the match broke open due to his side wearing down Levante’s defence throughout the goalless first half.

Luis-Enrique-Barcelona1.jpg

“We knew we were going to play against a Levante side with five at the back and four up front and we tried to create the highest number of scoring chances that we could. The start is always difficult. They started to breakdown in the second half because they grew tired being behind the ball."

Bartra played especially well today, in protection, bring the ball up and because he scored the opening goal, which is what calls everyone’s attention. He played a complete game."

“I really liked what I saw from Munir and Sandro. They are the players of the future. We are all hoping they keep scoring goals but they didn’t have many opportunities today. They are going to have minutes and opportunities and they are going to help us a lot."

La Masia in its twilight? We tend to exaggerate both good and bad. The work can he seen here. Another thing is that the players can see that they can triumph at a club like this.”

“I’m not worried. Marc-Andre ter Stegen is flowing with confidence in his approach. I’m not worried. He’ll continue to come out, continue to play with personality and character. He hasn’t had much luck in several plays and he’s a Barcelona-style goalkeeper that has done very well."

“Is missing some penalties the only thing that makes him human? No. That isn’t what makes him human because he went on to score two goals and gave one assist. There’s very little about Messi that is human."

Alves looked good. He’s a physical marvel. There are few who could play for a full 90 minutes after an injury. He’s a guarantee in his position and supports us a lot.”

“The Roma and Celta games are very special for me."
“The rotations are necessary because in the span of 22 days, we’ll be playing seven games, that’s why we make these chances. The players need to rest. This ensures they are playing at top fitness. In order to win La Liga, we always need to do well and we need to win every point.”

Altomonte

It was a nice game to watch. I just hope that Messi stays healthy, he is so important for the team! Nice gesture to support Rafinha - he will need a lot of encouragement to fight through the next 6 months. Celta Vigo trip will be tough but I am confident we can get through with Piqué back and Iniesta & Suarez in the lineup.

Home of Barca Fans