Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
League game 5: Celta Vigo - FC Barcelona

Date: Wednesday, 23rd of September 2015, 20:00h
celta_vigo.v1317892500.png
-
FCB.v1319559431.png

Calendar is busy and we're looking forward to league midweek game at Balaidos in Vigo.

I watched most of Sevilla-Celta today and was impressed with Berizzo's team. They completely dominated Sevilla in 1st half and finally won the game. And just to mention, Sevilla lost only few games at Pizjuan in last couple of years.

Lucho returns to Balaidos and we're gonna see some former Barca B players: Fontas, Gomez and Nolito. Maybe Planas too.

Last year Barca won there by a solitary goal from Mathieu.

barcanuck

Holy crap Celta won in Sevilla? That's pretty impressive. This one is going to be just as tough as Bilbao Leg 1 in Copa. Let's hope we don't shit the bed but Iniesta, Suarez, Alba all rested and Pique is back after a week off.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
A win here would be massive in terms of our title race. We've come through out of San Mames and Vicente Calderon with 6 points. Let's make it 9 at Balaidos!

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
[formation=barca,6]
Stegen
0-0-Pique-0-Mathieu-0-0
Alves-0-0-0-0-0-Alba
0-0-0-Busquets-0-0-0
0-Rakitic>Mascherano-0-0-0-Iniesta>Roberto-0
0-0-0-0-0-0-0
Messi-0-0-0-0-0-Neymar>Sandro
0-0-0-Suarez-0-0-0
[/formation]

Mascherano rested and Mathieu deserves a start after bailing us out there last season.

raskolnikov

If we can take both Celta and Sevilla in the coming weeks will have aquired a significant amount of championship points (points in risky games).
Last year it was a crucial win as well, lets hope we can do well again and win on wednesday.

Barcadub

Sergi Roberto deserves to start. I take it he was getting a rest tonight.

Huge game this. I think we are capable of going on the league run we did under Tito. But we won't be as far ahead this time.

F

Flavia

This will be very difficult. Hopefully they'll have an off day. They beat Sevilla at the Sanchez Pizjuan today.

arjunanand1

A very tricky game, but with Pique returning and having Iniesta + Suarez back in the team, we should be able to win this one. Keeping a clean sheet may not be realistic, but going for a 1-2 here.

beogatts

i think celta will park the bus & counter attack. looking at lucho style, he just want a win of 0-1 :messi: . he will start with best 11.

Nicky86

Barca just need to maintain this level of playing and continue with wins. While against Celta Vigo would be a little bit problem because they play well in conterattack, especially players like Nolito can cause disfunction on our system of playing.

Further, our form of playng is going to increase game by game, whilst Neymar scored last night first goal in new season in la liga that is very positive, and Messi always gives 100% from his selves, nevertheless last night played in midelffild, and in addition, Suarez always struggling to score or to assist for the others.

On the other hand, Iniesat is doing very good in this sesone , he has duty to cover space that Xavi left, and together with Raketiq and indisputable Busi are going linear on middlefield. Good news is recovering Pique, that gives as more alternative in central defence with Mascherano ,and together with wings Alba and Alves makes a machine that is problem to stop.

Last edited:

Mido

I personally think that Messi playing in the midfield is an awesome idea. I would just put Iniesta instead of Rakitic and Roberto instead of Alves to cover Messi. The problem is that Munir and Sandro were costing us a considerable amount of effort against Levante. And since Pedro has left, I wouldn't take the risk to let one of them start vs Celta.

[formation=yellow,8]
Ter Stegen
0-Piqué-0-0-0-Mathieu-0
Alves-0-0-0-0-0-Alba
0-0-0-Busquets-0-0-0
0-Roberto-0-0-0-Iniesta-0
0-0-0-0-0-0-0
Messi-0-0-0-0-0-Neymar
0-0-0-Suarez-0-0-0
[/formation]

Since Rakitic hasn't delivered yet and must be tired I would put Roberto who, I am sure, can bring the intensity that we've missed in these last few games.

Kuchi

Nothing but the A team for this one. Maybe Masche vs. Frenchie could be a debate, but that is it. Celta are in form and we're in for a though match.

F

Flavia

Undiano Mallenco will be the ref.

[tw]645902205464244224[/tw]

It was back to training on Monday morning after a fabulous Sunday in which Bartra, Neymar and Messi (twice) combined to see off Levante 4-1. On pitch 2 at the Ciutat Esportiva Joan Gamper in Sant Joan Despí, all of the available first team players reported for duty for a session at which Luis Enrique also called upon Barça B keeper José Suárez and midfielder Gerard Gumbau, fresh from appearing in his first ever Liga game at the Camp Nou last night.
It’s going to a busy few days for the Barça players. On Wednesday 23 September they’re off to Vigo to play in-form Celta (8.00pm CET) and on Saturday 26 at 4.00pm CET, they entertain Las Palmas at the Camp Nou.

Antimadridista1

They lost a few players players against Sevilla because of injury and red card (their left back, Jonny and Gustavo Cabral).
They also gave a lot during this game so I expect them to be tired during the second half. In the opposite, Suarez, Alba, Iniesta and Pique are coming back after a well-deserved rest.

Real Madrid will play at San Mames so hopefully they lose a few points and we extend the lead !

I'm going for this eleven :

Mats
Dani - Pique - Mathieu - Alba
Rakitic - Busquets - Iniesta
Messi - Suarez - Neymar

dostoevskij

They lost a few players players against Sevilla because of injury and red card (their left back, Jonny and Gustavo Cabral).
They also gave a lot during this game so I expect them to be tired during the second half. In the opposite, Suarez, Alba, Iniesta and Pique are coming back after a well-deserved rest.

Real Madrid will play at San Mames so hopefully they lose a few points and we extend the lead !

I'm going for this eleven :

Mats
Dani - Pique - Mathieu - Alba
Rakitic - Busquets - Iniesta
Messi - Suarez - Neymar

good line up, still think Sergi Roberto will start this one, thats why he was not used even as a Sub yesterday!

Home of Barca Fans