Lliga | Round 5: Celta Vigo - FC Barcelona 4-1

Mido

I really liked how Lucho's "reverse 4-3-3" deconstructed Levante's block. With more discipline , this can work out really well against teams that do not want to compete with us in possession.

Icarium

Lifestealer
Gumbau could be a great backup. Samper will start every B match and continue to develop overall. Samper has to become the core of the B team first.

JamDav1982

Hope so, at CB. Could see Mathieu having a few brainfarts

People say the same thing about Masch constantly.

They can both go 7/8 games playing well and then make one mistake and people go mad saying 'I told you so!'

Yet Pique made about as many inidividual errors as any Barca CB last season but was probably the best in the world.

The way Barca ask the CBs to play they will make fuck ups but Mathieu has been a very solid signing for Barca.

xXKonan

Our Preseason horror show put a lot of Doubt in our CBs.

Mathieu was being played as a LB and he had a Awful Performance vs Sevilla during the second half

Bartra was really bad during the preseason which cast a lot of doubt on him.

Vermaleon wasn't great either and people had doubts he would be a good CB for us.

Then The season started we didn't have Pique and alves got injured during the Bilbao match.

Our Make shift Backline of Roberto-Masche-Verm-Alba was really good. Got us through Bilbao,Malaga,and Athletico really great.

Verm got injured and Mathieu stepped up and provided some reliable Performances again like he has done in the past and Bartra really finally got his head in the game and did well vs Levante.

Feels great to have 5 CBs who are Reliable and can put on a shift when needed, I just wish Verm wasn't so Injury prone. :(

Vilarrubi

People say the same thing about Masch constantly.

They can both go 7/8 games playing well and then make one mistake and people go mad saying 'I told you so!'

Yet Pique made about as many inidividual errors as any Barca CB last season but was probably the best in the world.

The way Barca ask the CBs to play they will make fuck ups but Mathieu has been a very solid signing for Barca.

I don't mind Mathieu. I just feel under pressure from Celta's style and counter attacks he could make some mistakes, I hope if he does play he proves me wrong.

raki

stegen
Alves - Pique - Mathieu- Alba

Busi

Raki - Iniesta

Messiah - Suarez - Neymar

Win and rest 4-5 players against Las Palmas on the weekend.:cheers:

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
CB3Rb_0UIAAzznC.jpg

Neymessi

Mats
alves pique masch alba
busquets
rakitic iniesta
messi suarez neymar

No brainer lineup.We have been dealing really well with our tough away fixtures and I hope we win this one too.

Last edited:

Kuchi

Alba is out, so Frencie or Adriano? Which is worst? I'd go with Mathiew LB honestly. As in a Danny the clown - Pique the troll - Underrated Shorty - French fries

raskolnikov

Matthieu should start, Adriano sucks even worse than he does at lb nowadays.
Or just put Sergi Roberto at lb:p

Home of Barca Fans