Lliga | Round 5: Celta Vigo - FC Barcelona 4-1

Mitchell1978

Roberto is not the reason we lost, it was a collective faillure. Then again i don't understand why Enrique didn't go for the strongest possible line-up in such a difficult game.

BigBarcaBoy

Attacking wise it was okay but a lot of chances were misses. Defensively we were awful and that was throughout the team credit to celta but we made aspas look like Pele. The youngsters are easy targets, iniesta, masch and pique were awful, neymar woke up too late, i could go on but i will feel suicidal

Blaugrana Bull

HiiiPoWeR
This was embarrassing. It is absolutely okay to lose games but this is the 3rd time in a few weeks we conceded 4 goals. Should never happen to a club like Barca.
The defense was was beyond horrible and midfield and attack were watching the mess instead of working their asses off to help the team. Very disappointing.

likeafire

Clearly something is wrong. I didn't watch the game but to concede 4 again tells you something is very wrong. But I seen the stats and only 7 shots the whole game, wow.

The squad isn't good enough. One of the first 11 doesn't play and it changes everything. Maybe the hunger isn't the same as last season having won every trophy

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
It wasn't the question of fatigue as most starters were fresh enough.
Hunger isn't same as last season and that's normal but what's not normal is to be humiliated like that.
Especially not by midtable team who had much tougher game (Sevilla away) before this and missed 3 starters.

MSN get a lot of praise but tonight they failed to help our team when we were without the ball and that was one reason for this loss.

messi2140

6racies Xavi
[vine]https://vine.co/v/ePET0i6uUAa[/vine]

What a cunt.

This guy :lol:

Sergi Gomez (Celta): "Hitting Suarez in the back? Those thing can happen, but I certainly didn't want to hurt him. He's a great player."

Did he just stab him with a invisible knife ? :lol:

Last edited:

Altomonte

Compared to Celta Vigo, Barça looked slow and 'old'. Even Messi looked slow and his passes were intercepted most of the time. While it is true that Barça had enough chances to score 4-5 goals, the finishing was sloppy. On the other hand, Celta's forwards were running fast, their passing was crisp and the finishing incisive. Obviously, Piqué and Alves were still rusty after weeks of absence. Their mistakes led to 3 goals. A game to forget (unless you are a Celta Vigo fan). How about those experts that claim that La Liga only has 3-4 good teams?

ss81bja

Conceding 4 against Athletic and now 4 against Celta tells it own story, our defensive approach needs work. I think barca just let their guard down because we were playing "lesser" teams plus a slight lack of hunger. Remember that this is basically the same team that started so well last season.The personnel hasn't changed much. I got my concerns about Ter-Stegen though. I don't think he is good enough yet to be our starting keeper ahead of Bravo. It was a total team failure based on lack of concentration.

BerkeleyBernie

The team was generally sloppy. The thing I noticed most often was the failure of players receiving passes to mark to the ball and shield it well. Players were overrun and picked off constantly.

If one is going to play a style with more direct passes forward (instead of "sideways" passes waiting for an opening), then the players must be prepared for aggressive pressing by the opponent. They looked totally clueless. Other than lack of finishing, this was the big difference in the game. They looked completely unprepared to play sharply away from Celta pressure, leading to the wide open counterattacks.

Devils

It's depressing really.

Our squad depth is so fucking horrendous right now, we don't have any impactful player who can come off the bench and make a difference. We are suffering tremendously because of this transfer ban and it is infuriating me.

It will be a cold day in hell if that fat spaniard leads madrid to the liga title and takes it away from us.

silvia

i hate Lucho's interview that he wants celta to be encouraged and they are level above.
what a disgrace! you are not that team's coach anymore!

Home of Barca Fans