Youth League

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Great to see our youth doing well!

The question is how many of these boys we will be able to retain (City and others will come with bigger paychecks and fatter promises) and how many of them will have the chance to break into the first team...

Last edited:

raki

Great to see our youth doing well!

The question is how many of these boys we will be able to retain (City and others will come with bigger paychecks and fatter promises) and how many of them will have the chance to break into the first team...

Many of them will be approached by other clubs. It´s not onnly about money but primarily there´s no project in the B team. Buying loads of non La Masia players for the B team is stupid.
I dont care if they play in 3rd division. Busquets and Pedro played there with Guardiola.

What i see in the B team is 10 new players each year from outside La Masia.
It´s obvious that these players get frustrated with no future in the horizon. And then they leave like Mboula, Bernabé, Garcia and Gomez.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Many of them will be approached by other clubs. It´s not onnly about money but primarily there´s no project in the B team. Buying loads of non La Masia players for the B team is stupid.
I dont care if they play in 3rd division. Busquets and Pedro played there with Guardiola.

It´s obvious that these players get frustrated with no future in the horizon. And then they leave like Mboula, Bernabé, Garcia and Gomez.

I use to think the sole purpose of the B team is to incubate future players for the first team, apparently teams on each level all had their respective tasks/honors to fight for so when the B team was edging toward relegation the club simply brought in players just to stay afloat. Sigh. What can you do.

Joan

All of us want to believe that. Blame it all on the board. But it's not really that way.
I'd say that they go for 2 reasons:
1) money
2) better chances
1) money: Many of them (most) won't make it as professional footballers and they'll try to get as much as possible. Garcia left for huge salary. Do you think he has better chances of making it there? With Stones, Laporte, Otamendi etc. all young than here? I doubt it.
2) better chances: Gomez here was supposed to play with the B team while in Borussia he can compete for the squad. But we simply can't give him those chances. Borussia is not fighting for the title seriously and their business plan is based on selling promising players. That's how they operate.
Some players, like Mboula, weren't even willing to try their chances. He would play for the B team in Segunda but decided to go. Hasn't done anything significant yet.

But, it's all true about buying useless players. I agree with that part.

khaled_a_d

This one has more talent. The 2014 team had more physique with Adama, Kaptoum, Enguene, Onana.

In a hindsight it is easy to say that, but non of our current player is hyped or considered as talented as Munir or Adama from 2014 team. Kaptoum/Godswill/Tarn were highly rated.

Also this team has the upper hand in terms of height and might even argue strength of overall team is brilliant.

Devils

Yeah guys like Munir and Adama were hyped through the roof. I don't think many expected that none of the players from the 2014 team would make it. Really disappointing when you consider how much excitement there was around some of those player.

Fingers crossed for this group of lads though, some real talent here.

God Serena

Yeah guys like Munir and Adama were hyped through the roof. I don't think many expected that none of the players from the 2014 team would make it. Really disappointing when you consider how much excitement there was around some of those player.

Fingers crossed for this group of lads though, some real talent here.

Munir could have at least been a first team player in the place of Paco Alcacer. Adama's hype was always overblown though.

FC433

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lJ9WTBg70Lw

The game is about 20 minutes away.

[tw]<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="es" dir="ltr">���� XI del Juvenil A:<br><br>1 Tenas<br>2 Guillem (c)<br>3 Comas<br>4 Mingueza<br>5 Mika<br>6 Álvaro Sanz<br>7 Konrad<br>8 Ilaix<br>9 Marqués <br>10 Jandro <br>11 Ansu<a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/FCBMasia?src=hash&ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#FCBMasia</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/For%C3%A7aBar%C3%A7a?src=hash&ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#ForçaBarça</a>����</p>— FC Barcelona - Masia (@FCBmasia) <a href="https://twitter.com/FCBmasia/status/1105501244171395078?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">March 12, 2019</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script> [/tw]

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans