Youth League

FC433

C. Perez made the difference. He was a bit selfish, but he was dangerous and created many chances. Morey is absolutely my favourite. He is very special. Busquets did well as well; however, I noticed that he tends to stay back with both Barca B and in today's game. I do not know how I feel about that.

khaled_a_d

Watched only 2nd half
Cuenca is a bit passive CB, he could have cost us a goal when he didn't clear the ball properly leaving Juve player getting the ball in an empty net
Morey is a beast, but he need to cut the long ball he loves.
Midfield was awful, no real build up tbh even though they controlled the game.
Oriol is a player who is willing to do the boring stuff, but he need to be more creative in order to be a Barca starting material than a Barca squad player. but he will have a bright future nevertheless
C.Perez was difference, but he isn't a player to look for at the next level, seem like a typical talent that will succeed only in youth level, their left side was awful and we attacked from it the whole game
Miranda is good, but not Barca potential or game
Abel was wasteful, but he is the attacker with the best understanding of the game
Obviously this is just from 45 minutes watched, so it is more of an impression than analysis

God Serena

Watched only 2nd half
Cuenca is a bit passive CB, he could have cost us a goal when he didn't clear the ball properly leaving Juve player getting the ball in an empty net
Morey is a beast, but he need to cut the long ball he loves.
Midfield was awful, no real build up tbh even though they controlled the game.
Oriol is a player who is willing to do the boring stuff, but he need to be more creative in order to be a Barca starting material than a Barca squad player. but he will have a bright future nevertheless
C.Perez was difference, but he isn't a player to look for at the next level, seem like a typical talent that will succeed only in youth level, their left side was awful and we attacked from it the whole game
Miranda is good, but not Barca potential or game
Abel was wasteful, but he is the attacker with the best understanding of the game
Obviously this is just from 45 minutes watched, so it is more of an impression than analysis

Honestly that moment from Cuenca killed any hope from me that he has any potential to make it here. I can't honestly say I consider him to be better than Fali or Martinez now and that's basically the nail in the coffin, for me. A defender who's first and only instinct isn't to send that ball flying to the moon is a defender I don't want in my team, that's for sure.

Morey seems great but I'm a bit worried by how easily annoyed he seems to get with his teammates and the referee. In both the first and second half he seemed to get upset over something every few minutes and while that's not that big an issue at this level when he moves up I could easily see him becoming a cunt on the level of Jordi Alba which will be quite annoying, although if he does make it to any decent level it's something I'll grow to look past in time most likely.

Midfield was quite poor. Aside from baby Busquets who is already a Barca B player I honestly don't see any of those guys ever being considered for Barca B or if they are they likely won't be much more than squad filler.

Baby Busquets isn't likely going to be a very creative guy. Tbh it seems like he's almost identical to his namesake's playing style in that he doesn't really look to create or drive the ball forward but instead just looks to maintain possession and support his fellow midfielders. As a DM he does his job well and his play style being so similar to papa Busquets gives him a high probability of being able to translate his style to a higher level of play. The hype train doesn't seem to be very much behind the guy but tbh I think he's right there with Alena for most likely to make the first team, even now as I've grown jaded towards the majority of our youth players.

I see Perez as a player who's kind of a coin flip. His play style is as such that he could easily find that his amazing dribbling doesn't get him anywhere ala Adama but he could also end up as a sort of Asensio talent who develops many other parts of his game to accentuate his high dribbling style. There's also the chance he ends up more similar to a player like Di Maria who clearly has the talent but struggles with consistency because of the nature of his playing style. It'll be interesting to see how he develops with Barca B but I'm more leaning towards him being the next Adama than the next Asensio tbh, with becoming a Di Maria type player being the best he can hope for.

Miranda is good indeed, but I have to agree with you that he's not really Barca potential. With Cucurella being only a year or so older and being so much noticeably better I'd even be worried for his chances with Barca B. His only hope for Barca B is that Valverde sees a lot in Cucu and calls him up often/promotes him, which isn't a situation Miranda wants to be in.

Abel actually impressed me the most tbh but I'm afraid he's not at the required level. Sanabria and Munir made this level look like a total joke before they were even Barca B players and he as a Barca B starter struggled to make any real impact on the game at all. Maybe he can improve with Barca B in a way I didn't expect as I never would have expected Sandro to get promoted to the first team or do so well with Malaga that he earned a good move to the EPL but as of now I don't think he has any future with Barca, either even despite the excitement I see often expressed for this kid.

khaled_a_d

Baby Busquets isn't likely going to be a very creative guy. Tbh it seems like he's almost identical to his namesake's playing style in that he doesn't really look to create or drive the ball forward but instead just looks to maintain possession and support his fellow midfielders.

I see Perez as a player who's kind of a coin flip. His play style is as such that he could easily find that his amazing dribbling doesn't get him anywhere ala Adama but he could also end up as a sort of Asensio talent who develops many other parts of his game to accentuate his high dribbling style. There's also the chance he ends up more similar to a player like Di Maria who clearly has the talent but struggles with consistency because of the nature of his playing style. It'll be interesting to see how he develops with Barca B but I'm more leaning towards him being the next Adama than the next Asensio tbh, with becoming a Di Maria type player being the best he can hope for.

Abel actually impressed me the most tbh but I'm afraid he's not at the required level. Sanabria and Munir made this level look like a total joke before they were even Barca B players and he as a Barca B starter struggled to make any real impact on the game at all. Maybe he can improve with Barca B in a way I didn't expect as I never would have expected Sandro to get promoted to the first team or do so well with Malaga that he earned a good move to the EPL but as of now I don't think he has any future with Barca, either even despite the excitement I see often expressed for this kid.

Regarding Busquets, I am talking about being creative in the way he moves the ball, Sergio is good at that, not many assists but even under pressure he will get the ball to the best man available.

As for Perez, my problem with him is that he strikes me as the player who won't be able to translate his dribbling into the 1st team level, many youngsters fails at that, they can look great dribblers against young talent but struggles against men.

Abel is a bit younger than Munir when he played that tournament tbf, not by much but also he isn't playing with that team now so I can understand if he is out of his comfort zone. I will pay a closer look to his game, he is very young (eligible to play next year tournament) and he he is great passer with great tactical awareness and can play both inside and outside penalty area, sort of the likes of Lewandowski who is a modern day no 9. His style fits us better than either Munir and Sandro but remains to be seen his level and development.

Home of Barca Fans