Gundogan or Pogba?

Gundogan or Pogba?

• Total voters

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Remember the summer when Neymar was signed...

To be fair then they tried to sign a CB that summer. Too bad they chased the wrong target with Rosell making it public and encouraging Thiago Silva to force his way out of PSG which was stupid to say the least...

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
To be fair then they tried to sign a CB that summer. Too bad they chased the wrong target with Rosell making it public and encouraging Thiago Silva to force his way out of PSG which was stupid to say the least...

Also Tata came in and wanted to "evaluate" the squad.

serghei

I have no problems with signing Pogba and a CB/LB, as long as the said sum is not over the top. Pogba makes sense, and is everything you'd want from a Barcelona signing, except the price and his agent.

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
Gundogan is the best choice now, if he remains healthy and playing well the rest of the season.. Adding Arda and keeping Rafinha means the team has plenty of attackers from the midfield position and only one midfielder, Iniesta, capable of controlling play and running the team. Iniesta's older and has a history of form dips and injuries, so getting another controlling playmaking midfielder would be prudent.

Pogba might be that at some point in his development, and if Iniesta remains healthy and/or Rafinha is let go, it might be better buying Pogba and grooming him, but for immediate fit and need, Gundogan under current form is the best choice.

This is why buying Arda was such a puzzling move. With him and Rafinha, now you have two players who are both more attackers than pure midfielders, who both are likely to be incapable of running the midfield and team by themselves, who you'll need to force into midfield positions to give playing time, and who'll block the acquisition of actual controlling midfielders which are the real need.

Antimadridista1

Gundogan in january. If we really want to compete for the titles in 2016 we absolutely need depth in midfield now that Rafinha is out and that Sergi Roberto became Dani's substitute.
Fuck Pogba, his agent and the money they're asking.

xXKonan

Gundogan would be hard to get in January, but summer is a more likely we can get him.

I wonder who we could get in January, Lucas Lima? (Barca apparently have been in contact with him).

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Gundogan would be hard to get in January, but summer is a more likely we can get him.

I wonder who we could get in January, Lucas Lima? (Barca apparently have been in contact with him).

I find it hard to see us signing a midfielder in January. Most likely Gumbau and others will be called-up and Sergi Roberto shifted to CM rotation when Aleix Vidal is available to play.

serghei

We can very well compete for all titles without Gundogan in january. Busi, Iniesta, Rakitic, Arda Turan, Sergi, Roberto, Mascherano. 6 midfielders who we can rely on. Yea, I know Mascherano is not rated here at DM, but who did Lucho play in the clasico when Busi was injured? Mascherano. Our only DM besides Busi is Mascherano.

Iniesta (Arda) - Busi (Mascherano) - Arda/Rakitic (Roberto).

That midfield can win against any team. And let's not even talk about our attack, which consists of 3 out of the top 4 players in the world. Trust the team. We just won at Calderon without Pique, Alves, Messi for 60 min., Vermaelen for the most part and Claudio Bravo. Almost half the team and we still dominated Simeone's Atletico on their home ground.

Most of all, I trust Lucho. He's earned it.

Last edited:

khaled_a_d

We can very well compete for all titles without Gundogan in january. Busi, Iniesta, Rakitic, Arda Turan, Sergi, Roberto, Mascherano. 6 midfielders who we can rely on. Yea, I know Mascherano is not rated here at DM, but who did Lucho play in the clasico when Busi was injured? Mascherano. Our only DM besides Busi is Mascherano.

Iniesta (Arda) - Busi (Mascherano) - Arda/Rakitic (Roberto).

That midfield can win against any team. And let's not even talk about our attack, which consists of 3 out of the top 4 players in the world. Trust the team. We just won at Calderon without Pique, Alves, Messi for 60 min., Vermaelen for the most part and Claudio Bravo. Almost half the team and we still dominated Simeone's Atletico on their home ground.

Most of all, I trust Lucho. He's earned it.

Isn't rumors that he is expected to ask the club to make a january signings?
that is from transfer thread
The club is assuming that Luis Enrique wants to sign another player with Pedro's departure and Rafinha's knee injury [md]

I know that isn't the most trustable source though
But I agree with you ,I trust Lucho and he knows his squad better .and if he wants a new signing then it should be done .if not then we are set

Home of Barca Fans