Gabriel Jesus

MTL_Barca

He can turn out to be an amazing striker, not really a true nr 9 but the kind of striker Pep likes.

But i have to agree his WC was poor. Didn't understand why Firminho didn't start, he played well when he got the chance and i think would've suited Brazil better.

Same for Willian/Costa, but Costa was also injured iirc.

xXKonan

Not really turning out the way I expected honestly but he's still young and has plenty of time to improve.

But while he isn't prolific at least right now I do like the look of Richarlison a bit more than Jesus right now.

BBZ8800

Pep is the only coach in the world who could play a player with his:
1. physical skills
2. technical skills

= as a starter.

xXKonan

He's a weird one.

Back in Brazil, he built himself a big reputation of being able to play across the Forward line and be really effective at it and many Brazilians think he may be the answer for him to be the National team's answer for the 9 spot.

He had a pretty great start for Brazil and even City but faded quite a bit since then. But IMO he's a great talent still but he wasn't really anywhere that far ahead of some of the other Brazilian's his age like Neres, Richarlison, Malcom etc when it comes to FW and Wingers.

Going by what Jcar said, Malcom didn't really start to explode until he actually came to France and he was moved to the RW instead of the LW like he was at the Corinthians.

ASordidGod

So whole last season is forgotten? Let him have a bad spell.

Meh. Wasn't great last season by any means. Technically he's good but nowhere near what I expected, sharp but not quick particularly, and yeah, good movement. A poacher, in other words. But he's actually quite a poor finisher, so not even an effective poacher. Pep seems to like him, and he's only young, but he's way, way off an Aguero who's probably past his prime, and I don't see him coming close in the future. We'll see I guess, but so far I'm pretty unimpressed.

Blaugrana Bull

HiiiPoWeR
His stats speak for themselves and they are pretty great for a 21 year old who had his first full season in Europe and has to compete with Agüero most of the time (if Pep does not play with two strikers). He also had some bad luck with quiet serious injuries.

Devils

He's so terrible it's actually impressive how he managed to somehow delude football fans, media and clubs to believing he was a top prospect.

This guy will be playing for Stoke alongside Vinicius Jr. in a few years time.

Cule4life

The Culest
The 10th best striker in the world can't do it against freaking Swansea. City really need to sell him and get Aguero's long term replacement.

EdmondDantes

He looks fairly limited most of the time. Every once in a while he will get the ball, turn, dribble past 3 players and make you think perhaps there's something there - but probably not really.

He's tidy in possession, decent one touch passing, quick but not fast or agile, and his finishing has been better. His best trait is his work-rate and pressing.

It surprises me he's got 17 goals this season.

Androutsos

He looks fairly limited most of the time. Every once in a while he will get the ball, turn, dribble past 3 players and make you think perhaps there's something there - but probably not really.

He's tidy in possession, decent one touch passing, quick but not fast or agile, and his finishing has been better. His best trait is his work-rate and pressing.

It surprises me he's got 17 goals this season.

If he eventually puts it together, you'd figure he would be the best striker in the world... big IF though.

Leo_Messi

Never understood the hype with this one. Not even sure that we can talk about hype any longer. Pretty anonymous player in terms of media hype and actual performances as well.

I think that Pep's genius and Man City being one of best well-oiled machines is hiding many of his flaws. I struggle to see ANY above-average attacker not show glimpses of great class playing for this Man City team that is scoring goals for fun. Sure his 41 goals in 90 games is a very decent statistic for a 22 year old but he is twice the lesser talent than say the likes of Agüero.

If he eventually puts it together, you'd figure he would be the best striker in the world... big IF though.

With Mbappé being around? Not a chance. If he makes the top 10/5 he will have done very, very well. Not sure how anyone can put him in the top 10 as of now.

Home of Barca Fans