Gabriel Jesus

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Let's not kid ourselves. Germany league is low quality. No idea of defense there. Although Lewa is quality.

He plays too low leveel.

He has like 11 goals in 6 CL games this season.

So far overall in their careers Suarez > Lewandowski, however Lewa is still going strong and seemingly only getting better while Suarez is looking ready for a retirement home.

FinBarcelonafan

So far overall in their careers Suarez > Lewandowski, however Lewa is still going strong and seemingly only getting better while Suarez is looking ready for a retirement home.

Six games small sample size but yes he is killing it. Just wanted to point out he should play in a better league, like Spain or England.

khaled_a_d

But no CL title yet.
Being in inferior league always hurt your legacy tbh
He need CL title to compete with Suarez

KingLeo10

Suarez also has a Copa America in the time when Argentina and Brazil were relatively strong.

For me, Suarez clearly has a better legacy and had a better peak.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
But no CL title yet.
Being in inferior league always hurt your legacy tbh
He need CL title to compete with Suarez

Been to a CL final with Borussia Dortmund and Bayern look very strong this season. We'll see. The last few seasons Lewandowski has stepped up in the CL unlike Suarez too.

For now Suarez is better, but that can change depending on how Bayern and Lewandowski do the next couple of years.

Suarez also has a Copa America in the time when Argentina and Brazil were relatively strong.

For me, Suarez clearly has a better legacy and had a better peak.

Uruguay had a very good team those years too, they weren't far away from a World Cup Final. Cannot compare them to Poland.

Forlan was their best player in that World Cup/Copa America run.

Ritchie

Staying in Germany all your career won't give you the legacy Barca/Real or a big English team will if you succeed there. Look at Ribery. Great player but spent most of his years in Germany and not regarded at the same heights as players he was far better than. Schweinsteiger and Lahm similar but played a starring role in Germany World Cup win which helped their legacy more.

Imagine the numbers Lewandowski would have had leading the line for Real for 10 years like Benzema. He wouldn't be far off Ronaldo.

Batistuta9

I'm curious to know, the guys that rate Gabriel Jesus, do you rate lautaro? To me their game is very similar. Their build, work rate, are streaky goalscorers and even goal to game ratios this season are almost identical

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
I'm curious to know, the guys that rate Gabriel Jesus, do you rate lautaro? To me their game is very similar. Their build, work rate, are streaky goalscores and even goal to game ratios this season are almost identical

we don't rate him. Wolfe once said that Jesus is a top-10 striker in the world and defended his position vehemently.

serghei

There's not much between Suarez and Lewa. If Lewandowski wins the CL, I'd say they're about equal career wise. Yea, Lewa played in a worse league, but had more CL semis, and even a CL final more. So, in Europe, he'd have the edge.

Batistuta9

Suarez is awful now, but he has been the better player for me. Lewandowski is a great forward and a great goalscorer. Suarez though,for a number of years was playing at a level Lewandowski won't reach imo. It's not a dig at lewa, just Suarez was capable of more individually. A bit like how I see the Messi/Ronaldo debate. He was so good at lfc. I haven't seen a player single handedly carry a team like he did that year, bar Messi.

jairzinho

I'm curious to know, the guys that rate Gabriel Jesus, do you rate lautaro? To me their game is very similar. Their build, work rate, are streaky goalscorers and even goal to game ratios this season are almost identical

IMO i would say Lautaro does better as a second striker. He started playing really well when Lukaku joined Inter.

He's better when playing just off a main striker. I don't see him as a pure 9 at all. Gabi Jesus is closer to a 9 despite not having the physical attribute of a traditional one.

Home of Barca Fans