Gabriel Jesus

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
He's an excellent acquisition straight out of Brasil, City did their scouting well and Guardiola surely convinced but wow what it would be like to see him in our team

vuji_31

He's an excellent acquisition straight out of Brasil, City did their scouting well and Guardiola surely convinced but wow what it would be like to see him in our team

Barcelona also wanted to buy him, clearly remember it...But like always they invest money in retards like Arda Turan

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
I distinctly remember us being more clearly linked to Gabigol at the time, Jesus links were lukewarm at best right before signing for City. Shame because even from highlights at the time, Gabriel looked the better option for us but it is what it is

Jenks

If Aguero left City they would not rely on Jesus to replace him, they'd go after someone else's I'm sure of it.

JamDav1982

Jesus is a good player but not proven to be top notch to level Barca need as starting CF to replace Suarez.

If City/Pep really think he is then Barca will never get him and if Barca get him they dont think he is that level as he would replace Aguero otherwise.

Basically if he is available Pep/City have decided he is not that level and it would be a red flag.

Andresito

Staff member
Yeah I don't see why City would sell him with Ag?ero starting to fade, unless they want to get someone better.

There aren't any obvious ones at the market and Jesus is a more than enough good stop gap even if he doesn't evolve into their undisputable #9. They could basically keep him for 1-2 years until they find a star striker.

Home of Barca Fans