Lliga | Round 3: Atletico de Madrid - FC Barcelona 1-2

FC B

Unfortunate schedule to face ATM right after international break very early in the season, too eary I'd say. Secondly many missing key players including Messi. It's hard to believe Barca can win at Calderon with Roberto and Rafinha.

Lomar1o

i am sure some people will find a way

after having learned that ronaldo scored 5 in a game, messi realized he would never score that much against a strong opponent like atletico, in addition there's a chance of barca losing this game even, so he decided to sit out to avoid being embarrassed and be blamed for a loss :DDD this is how haters will react prolly. well it doesnt matter, if we lose it will be painful, doesnt matter if messi plays or not.

i hope we win though!

silvia

no hate, but rafinha for messi?! this season's calendar is not that easy compared to last season. i hope he can deal with atletico.

Kohe321

Good thing Messi isn't starting. Played with the national team on another continent which causes big jet lag, then the birth of his second son shortly after he returns home. The guy can't be feeling very fresh right now, and going out to play 90 minutes against Atletico at the Calderón in such a state sounds like a recipe for an injury. And we all want to avoid that, right?

We can win this match without him starting, and I couldn't care less about his goal rivalry with Ronaldo right now. I just want a good season, and for that Messi needs to remain in good physical shape. This is the right move by Lucho.

Last edited:
C

Cavalcanti

Rafinha won't grab **** and neither will Roberto. Very sad to see average players starting for Barça this season.

We'll win though.

Blaugrana Man

Everybody should chill out. Messi not starting isn't the end of the world, nor is the possibility of dropping points at a very tough ground in just the third week. Keeping Leo fit for the entire season is way more important than one match, and there is just no way he's in any kind of shape to play 90 minutes against a team like Atleti.

I really like Lucho making the conservative call here.

Home of Barca Fans