Gerard Gumbau

serghei

After the stunt Lucho pulled and succeeded with Roberto, maybe there's more about Gumbau than we're seeing. It is a possibility worthy of being analyzed imo, all jokes aside.

I'd like to see him a full game on Camp Nou against a team like Levante or Getafe.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Well, he's not a CM, not a CDM or a CB. Positions he's been absolutely awful on for the B team.

If Lucho fits him in another position then maybe..... Not many positions left to fit him in though.

Roberto is quite fast, got great stamina and is mobile, Gumbau is the complete opposite.

Who knows though I guess. Have to wait and see......

khaled_a_d

Well, he's not a CM, not a CDM or a CB. Positions he's been absolutely awful on for the B team.

If Lucho fits him in another position then maybe..... Not many positions left to fit him in though.

Roberto is quite fast, got great stamina and is mobile, Gumbau is the complete opposite.

Who knows though I guess. Have to wait and see......

Gumbau is physical specimen though ,a tall very tough and strong guy and right now it seem he is a workhorse . him and Babunski are probably the most improved player in the B team this year
As Alarcón said one week ago ,he is actually playing better than Samper right now even though Samper is twice the talent Gumbau is
while I am not a fan of him,but may be Lucho can actually prove us all wrong and turn him into decent squad player

On a serious note he actually played the position with Barca B last year and was a disaster there

Seriously? Damn i thought I might get to quote this like a year from now all smug like :lol:

On a more serious note, I haven't seen anything that he's particularly good at, when he played DM he left our CBs for dead while Samper was better defensively, Samper is obviously better from a creative stand point too. He kind've seems a bit like Sergi Roberto was 2 years ago, hard worker but no real obvious quality. Although Gumbau scores odd golazos every once in a while.

God Serena

Seriously? Damn i thought I might get to quote this like a year from now all smug like :lol:

On a more serious note, I haven't seen anything that he's particularly good at, when he played DM he left our CBs for dead while Samper was better defensively, Samper is obviously better from a creative stand point too. He kind've seems a bit like Sergi Roberto was 2 years ago, hard worker but no real obvious quality. Although Gumbau scores odd golazos every once in a while.

Gumbau is a hard worker? That's almost as shocking as hearing he's a technical wizkid.

Gumbau is a hard worker? That's almost as shocking as hearing he's a technical wizkid.

I saw him run forward alot during pre season, so I kinda thought that if he's running forward alot that must mean he's running back just as much so I thought it made sense to give him that trait :lol:

Also, I was wondering why your name seemed familiar and because of the chapter this week I now know why :lol:

Home of Barca Fans