Which CB would you want FC Barcelona to sign?

Which CB would you want FC Barcelona to sign?

• Total voters

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
The likes of Varane and Marquinhos are not available, that's probably why they're not included in the list.

Ini8

¡Gr?*cies Xavi!
Looks like Michel will give Doria a chance at Marseille. He could be an option if he impresses.

amircule

I voted Gimenez , because I think laporte is a bit overrated .
Seriously though , I don't want any British player near Barca .

DonAK

We don't need another CB, so it's pointless voting.

Depends on how Bartra, Vermaelen and Mathieu does. I can see the former leaving next summer and Mathieu leaving within two-three seasons too. Depends a lot on Vermaelen too, whether he can adapt well and stay injury free.

We might need to sign a CB next summer.

vinni

No need at the moment if you ask me. I think we have good competition for the two spots now. Maybe next year if some of them shows terrible progress.

F

Flavia

We need one cb. I don't know who would be a good option, but Verm is too injury prone, and Mathieu and Bartra can't be really trusted.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Mathieu served us well last season and scored in Clasico. Let's have a bit more trust.
Besides, he's a 3rd (4th now) option anyway.

F

Flavia

Mathieu served us well last season and scored in Clasico. Let's have a bit more trust.
Besides, he's a 3rd (4th now) option anyway.

He's not getting any younger. Pique and Masch are the only 2 cb's we can really count on. Another one is needed.

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
Yes the team needs a CB. I guess people already forgot how until last season the team rode the wave of uncertainty and poor planning into defensive problems and panic purchases.

Team only has 2 reliable CBs, only one of which (Pique) is a long term player. Mascherano is already 31 years old and the planning for his eventual replacement needs to start in earnest.

Aside from the 2 first team players, yes they have depth, but it's suspect at best. Mathieu is solid on his best days, really shaky on his worst. Oh, and he'll be 32 years old in a month. Bartra is young, but doesn't seem to have a future on this team. Vermaelen looks good if healthy, but seems to not be healthy all that much.

Honestly the best course of action for them is to replace two of the three bench CBs for one young and good CB to rotate with the starting pair. Keep the other of the three as the 4th depth CB.

My vote is for selling Bartra and Vermaelen, sorry for Verm, but his injuries just makes him too unreliable. Mathieu offers some flexibility too.

Pique, Masche, Gimenez/Laporte, Mathieu.

Edit: I'll add a caveat. If this injury to Verm is minor and he comes back and plays the rest of the season, then it might be better to sell Mathieu instead of him and have Verm as 4th depth.

Last edited:

xXKonan

Theirs rumors of us going after Valencia's Shkodran Mustafi in January, He's 23 years old and has a 50million euro Release clause and knowing Valencia they want the full amount.

and we also have First option on a Dude named Marlon Santos who plays for Fluminese.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Heard the rumor about Mustafi and didn't like it. He looks too clumsy imo. Can't comment about Santos.

DonAK

Whoever we're gonna go for, this CB hunt will cost us a lot of money with how the market is these days. Unless they manage to unearth a gem, but it doesn't seem like the scouts and board are capable of doing that these days as they unearth more Song's and Douglases than gems for the 1st team at the moment.

How about my countryman Nastasić? He has enormous experience (Premier league, Calcio, Bundes liga) and only 22 years! Or Subotić - he is also experienced and long term perspective player 'cause he's 26. Or Babić - he bossed serbian under 21 team defence on its way to World champion title! He is formodable defender already!

Home of Barca Fans