Lliga | Round 1: Athletic Club - FC Barcelona 0-1

Trickykid

This possible approach would be unique because the team is clearly tired and nowhere near 100%..
Also, please don't be so hostile (''your insight in the team is shockingly low'') towards me. I merely give my opinion.

If every single post of yours weren't some kind of unfounded insult or critique of Lucho, I'd probably consider it.
Your theory is silly at best of course, but then again, when it's coming from someone who claims Lucho to be almost as pragmatic as Mou, then I probably shouldn't even bother...

V

vigneshFCB

If every single post of yours weren't some kind of unfounded insult or critique of Lucho, I'd probably consider it.
Your theory is silly at best of course, but then again, when it's coming from someone who claims Lucho to be almost as pragmatic as Mou, then I probably shouldn't even bother...

Why do you consider calling Lucho pragmatic an insult?

V

vigneshFCB

This suggests that my post calling the coach pragmatic is an unfounded insult.

V

vigneshFCB

Well, critique is commonly understood as negative judgement. So why is pragmatic negative?

V

vigneshFCB

I am praising Luis Enrique's pragmatism by comparing it to Mourinho.

Trickykid

Of course you are, of course.
I'll try one more time: how are the two similar? I'll need some concrete examples, as I really don't see it.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
We simply must kick off La Liga with a win. Good news is, Bilbao played that UEFA league qualifer few days ago.

V

vigneshFCB

Well, they both sometimes go 100% defensive (I.e. no pressing) to close out matches. Both like to use long balls/counterattacking/sitting deep. You just don't notice it because one manages Barca and the other coaches Chelsea. For some teams (including current Barca) pragmatism is a necessity for success.

Last edited:

Trickykid

Well, they both sometimes go 100% defensive (I.e. no pressing) to close out matches. Both like to use long balls/counterattacking/sitting deep. You just don't notice it because one manages Barca and the other coaches Chelsea. For some teams (including current Barca) pragmatism is a necessity.

When have we gone 100% defensive exactly? And when has this 100% defensive mentality (even remotely) amounted to conceding 60% possession?
Ah, so it's because of the clubs, I don't see it? Well that really makes sense! Perhaps you could explain Lucho's extreme sense of pragmatism using Barça B, Roma or Celta as examples?

V

vigneshFCB

When have we gone 100% defensive exactly? And when has this 100% defensive mentality (even remotely) amounted to conceding 60% possession?
Ah, so it's because of the clubs, I don't see it? Well that really makes sense! Perhaps you could explain Lucho's extreme sense of pragmatism using Barça B, Roma or Celta as examples?

Well, I didn't watch them. I only watched Barca so I can only comment on the basis of his time at Barca.

Trickykid

Well, I didn't watch them. I only watched Barca so I can only comment on the basis of his time at Barca.

Right, so this thing about not being able to spot this alleged pragmatism that leads to us sometimes playing 100% defensively just applies to me, as more gifted football fans such as yourself can see through it?

Again, I really miss some hard, concrete examples of what you're claiming. I'm guessing they're hard to produce?

V

vigneshFCB

Right, so this thing about not being able to spot this alleged pragmatism that leads to us sometimes playing 100% defensively just applies to me, as more gifted football fans such as yourself can see through it?

Again, I really miss some hard, concrete examples of what you're claiming. I'm guessing they're hard to produce?

Not at all. You are an ordinary fan, just as I am a normal fan.

Home of Barca Fans