Lliga | Round 1: Athletic Club - FC Barcelona 0-1

F

Flavia

Enrique gave he squad 2 days off. I hope they spend it sleeping and napping.

RevoTeller

It depends on Messi: if he is not on form, at our current state we are going to lose again.

Edit.

Mathieu is also suspended from last season.
So Alves-Bartra-Masch-Verm backline.:worthy:

Nvm, it's almost impossible that we are going to win this.

Last edited:

FC B

Now they should be the more tired side giving the fact they play vs zilina this thursday in EL.
I also expect a champions response from Barca at San Mames after losing a trophy against them in such a humiliating manner I'd say.

I reckon we'll win it this time provided Messi will have a better game than the previous two. If Neymar recovers by then it should be very helpful in obtaining the 3 points.

Catalan Fan

If Neymar is back and starts on sunday, then I think we have a decent chance of getting a result, even with the defensive issues.

It's one thing containing Messi n Suarez, but if we have all three back I doubt Bilbao will be able to cope with it.That's my hope anyway !

Nicky86

I think is our turn now, after two endure games in Supercup, Barca have enough time to prepare the game and to correct their mistake as well, even though, we have some crucial players that are not able to play. In addition, is a essential to have a good start and keeping clean goal in la liga because would take off pressure especially for the defence.

PhilS

It will be great if Neymar can get back out there. Even if healthy, he might not be up for more than sub work next weekend, given how long he has been sick.

Having MSN again should help the offense a whole bunch. But besides just getting outplayed, our back line has given away 2 penalties and a red card in just 3 games. Maybe even worse was the goal in the last game, when Masch left poor Mathieu to cover two players in the box, while Masch just waved at the ref. Even with MSN, defense this brain dead will lose you games away against teams of the quality of AB and AM.

Gotta hope RM does not immediately start another long Liga win streak, because I expect Barca to have only 3 points after 3 rounds.

i_bleed_blaugrana

This blows.

This is nonsense scheduling, playing the same team three games in a row?

I'm doubtful of this going well, unless Bartra pulls his head out of his ass, he very well might get exposed again by Aduriz. Masch is going to have his hands full covering for Adriano and while Busi and Raki will provide more cover and control, I just don't think it will go well especially at San Mames, where the damage was done and where the crowd will want more blood.

We can't hit them on the counter like we can with Neymar, either.

We need Messi to pull some rabbits.

EdmondDantes

If Neymar is back and starts on sunday, then I think we have a decent chance of getting a result, even with the defensive issues.

It's one thing containing Messi n Suarez, but if we have all three back I doubt Bilbao will be able to cope with it.That's my hope anyway !

That's my take on it as well, the team looks very disjointed without him. I don't think he will be fit though, it will take him a while to get over whatever he had and then get his fitness levels up to par.

Home of Barca Fans