Lliga | Round 1: Athletic Club - FC Barcelona 0-1

Richard.H

Kind of sad that dinner with his dad is a highlight to him, probably doesnt see him very often.

Have you seen his other tweets? Kid has a damn nice entertainment setup in his room plus gets to go on a yacht with his teammates. Daddy Jose probably spoils the crap out of him.

raskolnikov

Have you seen his other tweets? Kid has a damn nice entertainment setup in his room plus gets to go on a yacht with his teammates. Daddy Jose probably spoils the crap out of him.

Can you blame him? we all would spoil our children if we were that rich, I definitely would:lol:

silvia

Aduriz is typical dirty player.
He injure players, looks like he is more interested in hitting rather than winning games. He should find other sports.

gregorrin10

Always knew Verm would start over Bartra for this one.

And he showed he earned it every step of the way...BEAST performance, Mom for me, these types of games from him were exactly the reason why i was so excited when the transfer to Barca was confirmed in the 1st place. He's a total beast in the air, great at taclking, probably our 2nd best but right up there with Mascherano, but in air he's n1 our defender for sure. And last but not least, i also like his decisions not to be complacent and he kicks the ball far away just because he wants to ensure that we don't cencede, he's not always trying to play it out, it shows that he was playing in PL. And it's nice to have at least one defender like that. He and Masch canbecome a great pair and great alternative to when Pique's not playing.

contrasted night... Alves and Busquets out injured at the same time is very worrisome. But we're past one of our most difficult liga games with a win and sporting tied real, so... :)

Blaugrana Bull

HiiiPoWeR
As I said during the game: The performance was pretty good and we managed to dominate Bilbao in San Mames. The team controlled the game well and used one of their few chances. All of this with some injured key players and a shitty Messi performance who usually plays well when we win.

Looking at the whole situation: Our squad is thin as paper and we have problems with depth but we are still FC Barcelona. No need to be so pessimistic about everything. Finally Sergi, Bartra, Vermaelen etc. have their opportunity to step up and help the team to perform on a consistent level and win games. Will only make us a stronger team if we manage to keep winning games without some of the usual stars who drag the team.

BerkeleyBernie

Hard fought win in a very difficult ground, 3 points.

I just hope Busi and Alves injuries are not serious.

Yup. Pretty ugly football, save for a few Messi moments, but some games like this are to be expected. One of the toughest fixtures of the season.

Watching it, I noticed Messi constantly open in the middle between the lines waiting for the ball. Puzzling why he didn't get more service. Also, plenty of space in behind their high line, but very few good balls over the top. Some good ones to Roberto, and of course the one to Alba resulting in a goal.

BerkeleyBernie

Glad to see the defensive part of our game back, but the hoof it up tactics I didn't like. You could also see the boys were low on confidence, only Iniesta and Busi had the balls to be cheeky to keep possesion. A forgettable game, on to the next one.

Much of the hoofing, unfortunately, was forced. While still better than most teams, I don't see in this Barça the ability to move the ball cleanly under such pressure. Still a lot of technical ability, but the shape isn't there anymore. Agree, Iniesta and Busi had the confidence (as the best ball handlers on the team, with Messi), but a lot of that keep ball in Pep's Barça was due to the ability to move and provide enough short passing outlets. It's why Alves was taken out from behind. He's used to being passed the ball knowing he won't get it if he's in danger, that his teammates will choose a safer option.

Co0ter

At 21 minutes it did a slow close up of our entire bench....such a lack of quality hehe I'd feel a lot better with Arda and Vidal there

Home of Barca Fans