Lliga | Round 1: Athletic Club - FC Barcelona 0-1

Gallivanter

Has there been anything said about the injuries yet?

Thought Busi was having a fantastic match until that time. For large portions of the match, felt Iniesta and Rakitic were the weak links, not going back enough to get the ball from the back four.

beogatts

Unexpected win. Culdve been 2-0. But great start team. I hope injuries were not serious. Those r our strong starters too. Alba's return was joyful to watch.

jairzinho

Whatever happened to the 5-1 SuperCopa winners and overnight La Liga contenders. Tired from all the celebrations perhaps. Didn't see much of them in this game.

:tito:

Last edited:

raskolnikov

What a fantastic day result wise, very proud of Barca for pulling of that win given the circumstances and injuries to Dani and Busi. And the cherry on top of the awesome warrior mentality earned great win at a tough ground is Real Madrid failing to win at fucking Gijon:lol:
Totally unexpected day which makes it even greater as a start of the season. Really impressed with Sergi Roberto and pleased with Vermaelen.

Only downside are the injuries today, I hope they are back soon.

Jaguar

Flair Trait
[tw]<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en-gb"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Tw Jose Mourinho Jr (son): "Perfect day! Chelsea win, Barca win, Benfica loose, Madrid Tie... And dinner with my dad... ❤️⚽️⚽️" [<a href="https://twitter.com/FFC_JM">@ffc_jm</a>]</p>— barcastuff (@barcastuff) <a href="https://twitter.com/barcastuff/status/635553629752180736">August 23, 2015</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>[/tw]

Kind of interesting that Mourinhos son seems like a hardcore Barca fan from his twitter :lol: Fantastic day for us in one way and pretty worrying in another, almost thought Iniesta got injured too, which would have been disastrous. Hope injuries Busi and Dani aren't too serious. :(

Home of Barca Fans