Dani Ceballos

El Gato

Villarato!
That's why I didn't belive the idea that Madrid improved when they sold James and Morata who where proven world class (or close) players. You just didn't bring any players that are first team material that those were.

Imo, that was a big mistake. Never understood why did you let go of two players who could have been part of your first 11 if trusted more.

They haven't. But that's normal, sometimes you take risk as a manager that your first 11 that have regularly outplayed just about anybody (other than Barca) will be able to keep things going while Asensio, Vazquez and the other young guys could drop in for rotation. But that couldn't even take place, because things fell apart at the first hurdle. These things take shape in certain order really.

Morata was let go because he has his priorities. Nor is he that calibre yet, he gets moody as fuck and needs babysitting.
James is a star of a different mould, more Beckham-like. Didn't fit in between the current group of Spanish young wolves.

Joan

That's why I didn't belive the idea that Madrid improved when they sold James and Morata who where proven world class (or close) players. You just didn't bring any players that are first team material like those were.

Imo, that was a big mistake. Never understood why did you let go of two players who could have been part of your first 11 if trusted more.

Did you set a buyback clause on James or can Bayern buy him for good if they want?

Annual payment is around 5m and they can buy him after the end of the loan for cca. 35m

also, it's not easy to keep such a names satisfied on the bench, also, it's very hard to fit James in their starting 11

serghei

They haven't. But that's normal, sometimes you take risk as a manager that your first 11 that have regularly outplayed just about anybody (other than Barca) will be able to keep things going while Asensio, Vazquez and the other young guys could drop in for rotation. But that couldn't even take place, because things fell apart at the first hurdle. These things take shape in certain order really.

Morata was let go because he has his priorities. Nor is he that calibre yet, he gets moody as fuck and needs babysitting.
James is a star of a different mould, more Beckham-like. Didn't fit in between the current group of Spanish young wolves.

In short, I think the temptation is very high to not change much when you have a great season, but both Madrid and Barca have been insisting with basically the same world class squads for roughly 7-8 years, with some minor changes here and there. The Barca squad was a little older (Basically Alves, Iniesta, Xavi, Villa, Puyol etc. were a little older than your stars Ramos, Marcelo, Benzema etc.) which is why we proceeded first to freshen up the team.

Issue is some of the signings didn't work, both for us, and Madrid, so we ended up trying to get more from the regulars, delaying the change of generations. But that time came for Barcelona, and they are starting to change the lines in all areas, and Madrid next summer will have to do the same, and will have to spend big just like we did.

Joan

Ah, I misinterpreted the intent. I guess you're right, but I don't know if it's that simple. Zidane was happy giving out chances up until things went south in September with continued poor form, lack of regular scoring, injuries.. It's difficult to drill younger guys into the routine when you have to worry about results and the original 11 first and foremost. I'd only drill them in if the top players were on form ready to save the day if the younger folk couldn't do it alone.
You might be right, but on the other hand, if a starter/top player is not performing then the chance should be given to someone else. Kroos doesn't give a fuck this year, doesn't defend and to top everything, looks quite bad without the ball. It wouldn't hurt to make him fight for the spot. Also, Ceballos is really no some random youngster without any experience - on the contrary.
I don't know what's behind it, but Zidane doesn't seem to handle it right.

El Gato

Villarato!
You might be right, but on the other hand, if a starter/top player is not performing then the chance should be given to someone else.

It's not that easy, never is. Not with a team full of players who are top of Europe

Joan Laporta said:
Kroos doesn't give a fuck this year, doesn't defend and to top everything, looks quite bad without the ball. It wouldn't hurt to make him fight for the spot. Also, Ceballos is really no some random youngster without any experience - on the contrary.
I don't know what's behind it, but Zidane doesn't seem to handle it right.

I said this in the other thread, Kroos is given the benefit of the doubt because of his solid, solid distribution. There's a reason why he's got something close to 95% passing success usually. Nobody gets close with the regularity of his deliveries. Kovacić can't easily replace the guy, because his weapon is Kaka-like forward runs and discipline in D.

Depends on the appropriate time. It's true he's probably suffering from what others are feeling - lack of competition. But that's natural.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
i don't understand why you think he made wrong decision?isn't he madrid fan?and afterall i remember those tweets about barca,we were never a serious option to him

This. Obviously he is a Madrid fan so he did what his heart told him, I actually have a lot of respect for these types of players who'd rather sit on the bench to play for the club of his dream than playing for just any team out there.

Nothanks

i don't understand why you think he made wrong decision?isn't he madrid fan?and afterall i remember those tweets about barca,we were never a serious option to him

whether or not we were after him, his options were either stay and get consistent minutes or get 180 minutes in 7 months
he could of stayed at betis for a season or two before joining his "dream club"

El Gato

Villarato!
Those young'uns seem fairly privileged. Getting a Pedro Leon vibe with them. Barely ever speeds up the tempo. Not sure how he is planning to be featured more than he is ATM, but he's young I guess. At his age things change with one or two good performances sometimes.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Those young'uns seem fairly privileged. Getting a Pedro Leon vibe with them. Barely ever speeds up the tempo. Not sure how he is planning to be featured more than he is ATM, but he's young I guess. At his age things change with one or two good performances sometimes.

Or he might fall even lower down the pecking order(if that's even possible lol) with Zidane's seat heating up even more.

El Gato

Villarato!
Or he might fall even lower down the pecking order(if that's even possible lol) with Zidane's seat heating up even more.

Ya, well, one of them things. He's alright, but that doesn't make a rotation player. He needs to stand out in some form to be useful, be it with tackling effort, accelerating attacks (Kova is great at that), not misplacing simple passes and always being available. When you're a midfielder out of rotation you can't afford to be just solid when team is looking for wins. That's what's been holding these two back all season long. They're either afraid (Theo has massive stage fright) or not bothered to take some risks. And whatever there is to think about Zidane, even he mentioned courage difficulties at the press conference just now.

El Flaco

[tw]954347580883861504[/tw]

Quique Setién: "Sometimes, you make decisions when you are 21 that are not correct. I am watching a case similar to Ceballos, who had the thrill of Real Madrid and now we see his face and he is sad. Forget about the safe money, what you like is to play and to grow. We have all made that mistake, surely."

ronniecro

i don't follow either real or him personally,but i have an impression that ceballos gives a flying fuck that he's not having more serious role in the team

ronniecro

if you don't follow him what gives you that impression?

idk,he signed for a club that is overloaded with quality midfielders which guaranteed that he won't be near starting 11,plus from what i can read here everytime that he played he was pretty much bad except that match where he scored two goals. it seems to me that he is content with his position as last resort

Home of Barca Fans