Dani Ceballos

jamrock

No way is Gomes twice the player ceballos is, if ceballos were given playing time he would prove himself to be a better player right now than Gomes.

Twice the player are you loco, Gomes isn't twice the player of any player in a top top team in Europe.

xXKonan

Yeah I seen that.

And I'm just sitting here laughing about it as well. it's pretty obvious Zidane doesn't rate him all that highly.

Messi983

Well, I hope he at least has some good bonuses for matches played or something. :D

I would understand this better if it would be CL final and they would have a one goal lead so Zidane would try to waste time with his sub but in insignificant game against inferior opponent up by 2 goals it's just disrespectful to the player coming on. Unless this would be 16 year old kid making his La Liga debut (and he would appreciate that moment) or if you're playing at home and are taking off outstanding player of the game to give him standing ovations of the home crowd. Nothing of this happened here.

Last edited:

Horatio

You're welcome
So 2 minutes and 32 seconds made the difference between a 'disrespectful sub' and a common sub. :lol:

No one is going to be able to tell you at how many seconds exactly the difference lies lol. But 3 minutes sub happen very often and rarely create a stir like this one.

messi2140

6racies Xavi
Checked the last 26 fixtures of Barca and I found these 'common subs' twice, once Semedo and the other Denis , the other times there was a reason (to keep a lead). You can call them common subs or sugarcoat it however you want . if the Ceballos sub was disrespectful then Semedo's sub was aswell. And if you want to keep arguing you can do it with the wild Jamdav creature that appeared in this thread that likes arguing for the sake of arguing

El Gato

Villarato!
Zidane came out and semi-apologised for it today. I think people are making a meal out of the sub itself, despite an overarching problem - Zidane shut his visor on these guys more than he realises or is willing to admit. Struggles of the season are probably to blame as well as him still being a rookie in managerial world. Pity for Ceballos, but I kinda expect Zidane to try and make it up to him now. He will likely start vs Alaves since Kroos and Modrić are out and Kovacić-Casemiro played full 90(?) both games in the past week. Plus he had a great game last time against them so why not.

serghei

Zidane came out and semi-apologised for it today. I think people are making a meal out of the sub itself, despite an overarching problem - Zidane shut his visor on these guys more than he realises or is willing to admit. Struggles of the season are probably to blame as well as him still being a rookie in managerial world. Pity for Ceballos, but I kinda expect Zidane to try and make it up to him now. He will likely start vs Alaves since Kroos and Modrić are out and Kovacić-Casemiro played full 90(?) both games in the past week. Plus he had a great game last time against them so why not.

I suspect he'll start quite a few games now that Madrid has the CL spot mostly secured and the chances for the title are non existent. Get him building some sort of form for next season.

Home of Barca Fans