Dani Ceballos

Trickykid

How’s Denis Suarez flourishing going?

Baffles me how people expect some sort of renaissance in RM midfield and for ZZ to completely ignore the status of the rest just to satisfy some whiners. Got bigger problems than squad rotation atm
Denis? He's doing rather bad, and it was apparent from his first season here, that he'd probably never be a starter at Barça because he actually played a fair bit, unlike your boy Ceballos...

El Gato

Villarato!
Boy being a keyword mate.

Feeling confident in your La Masia/youth investments or is all this mild trolling just venting your jealousy a bit? Hope it helps nevertheless. I know where ZZ, Madrid, players and the supporters stand on the issue based on the few recent years and where it fits in with the long term project.

serghei

Ceballos will never be a supreme talent. Doesn't have the brains for it. Way too cocky. Technique only gets you so far. Looked like a Madrid player tbf, probably sees himself as some sort of mega talent already.

Many of these cocky kids won't have the drive of a Cristiano Ronaldo, and will end up like the likes of Quaresma. Maybe Ceballos will be in between, good player but not Madrid starting quality. Deulofeu from Barca suffers of the same syndrome, he was once this new Messi wonderkid.

Not seeing what we should be jealous of tbf. Ceballos is getting no game time, Asensio has been nicknamed Ausensio I heard, and Isco is miles behind being the new Iniesta as touted. It would be better to take care of our own talents, because we're not short of those. Sadly, we're not doing too well in promoting them to the first team either. At least Madrid is trying, even if with mixed to poor results.

We're much in the same spot as Madrid. We also have some premiere young talents that we have to develop. The difference atm is that we're on the way up and they're going down. Normal in a rivalry so spiced up as this one, success of the other will up the motivation level and hunger for success of the rival. We got complacent after two amazing seasons like 2014-15 and 2015-16. Madrid got complacent after last season's double. And a complacent team is not a very good environment to develop young players.

Last edited:

khaled_a_d

Denis wasn't touted as the best midfield talent since Isco tbf.

tbf Denis was even more hyped -overall- than Ceballos. this EL campaign has set eyes of many other top European clubs on him, even more than Dani who got most of his hype in Spain.

El Gato

Villarato!
We're much in the same spot as Madrid. We also have some premiere young talents that we have to develop. The difference atm is that we're on the way up and they're going down. Normal in a rivalry so spiced up as this one, success of the other will up the motivation level and hunger for success of the rival. We got complacent after two amazing seasons like 2014-15 and 2015-16. Madrid got complacent after last season's double. And a complacent team is not a very good environment to develop young players.

Who are these premier young talents you got? Bar that 120M dude. And what’s premier? Shall I assume it’s equal or better quality than the likes of Vallejo, Theo, Ceba, Llorente, Hakimi or even Mayoral. Serious question cuz it’s hard to follow what’s going in Barca B and beyond these days.

serghei

Who are these premier young talents you got? Bar that 120M dude. And what’s premier? Shall I assume it’s equal or better quality than the likes of Vallejo, Theo, Ceba, Llorente, Hakimi or even Mayoral. Serious question cuz it’s hard to follow what’s going in Barca B and beyond these days.

We have Alena, who in my opinion is better than all the ones you mentioned, including Ceballos (not better as in more highly rated, but a better prospect imo, with higher potential, with a great personality - don't like Ceballo's personality btw). We have Dembele who is a close to world class 20 years old player and doesn't need any presentation imo. We have Jose Araniz who has Arsenal ready to pay the buyout according to some reports going right now. There's also some other prospects at Barca B that are very good. Oriol Busquets is an interesting player for example. Others too. I'd rate all those players as premiere talents, like some of the ones you mentioned from Madrid (don't like Hakimi tough, can't understand Zidane promoting him).

Last edited:

El Gato

Villarato!
So basically a few dudes from Barca B with >10 games in top flight in any league or competition between them all are premier? The best of them seemingly being a 22 year old who happened to have a decent season in Segunda. Sorry but I find it hard to not frown upon. I’d get that with someone you break the unspoken transfer laws for and the dude is still more of a Bale tank with tunnel vision, but all the others are so raw Barca had to go look around China for capable players.

Who knows though. To me all this rubbish posting about Ceba out of nowhere for no reason stems from rejection. There’s a reason Barca became so much less attractive to young dudes. No need to be mad though football styles will change vastly in the next decade with a more evened out planefield.

JamDav1982

So basically a few dudes from Barca B with >10 games in top flight in any league or competition between them all are premier? The best of them seemingly being a 22 year old who happened to have a decent season in Segunda. Sorry but I find it hard to not frown upon. I’d get that with someone you break the unspoken transfer laws for and the dude is still more of a Bale tank with tunnel vision, but all the others are so raw Barca had to go look around China for capable players.

Who knows though. To me all this rubbish posting about Ceba out of nowhere for no reason stems from rejection. There’s a reason Barca became so much less attractive to young dudes. No need to be mad though football styles will change vastly in the next decade with a more evened out planefield.

What are you trying to compare?

Players u23 at each club?

El Gato

Villarato!
What are you trying to compare?

Players u23 at each club?

Good question - I don’t know, I’m not the one comparing TBH because to me players who are sometimes bought for tens of millions these days are clearly proven to have the quality at u23 age. When asked “what’s premier” I was told Aleñá, a guy who debuted in Primera in spring is premier and better than a guy who was a standout for u21s and was part of the team winning the u18s title, and who went on to establish himself in top tier football since then. While the main reason touted is “he’s too cocky”. Lol. Sorry, disagree. Chiefly because we as third party know fuckall about selection and attitudes of players day to day.

Judging this generation is kind of useless since they barely play together and RM’s main team being in a long slump has been a priority. Clearly. They’re all 22 and under while all have experience, some with serious success (Vallejo and Hakimi really didn’t have a wholly bad performance since part of this squad and they played some serious fixtures). There is time and there’s nothing to judge their potential and future decisions on.

Stoichkov1

Barca didn't become less attractive, Ceballos rejected us because he hates Catalonia.

serghei

La Masia is the best football academy in the world. So, yea, Barca B is a pool of talent almost constantly. We don't need to be signing 'young dudes' who aren't ready to start, because we have our own young dudes who can follow the footsteps of Iniesta, Pedro, now Sergi Roberto etc. and need that valuable time to develop properly.

Last edited:

serghei

Wouldn't blame Zidane tbh. He played Hakimi vs Tottenham, man is willing to give chances to young players, as he's proven it. Probably he doesn't like Ceballos' attitude in trainings.

El Gato

Villarato!
Or that he played him vs Numancia 3 days ago and doesn't need him, because the bench is full with zero injuries to midfielders? Go figure you lot, lol.

Home of Barca Fans