Dani Ceballos

serghei

Nope, not everybody. Just you projecting your frustration over having to deal with Rakitić and Gomes while a talented kid snubbed you. And he won Supercopa and still has a chance to win the CL.

Doesn't make any sense. I rate Alena very highly and want him to succeed here at the club, being a La Masia player and all. He plays in a similar position to Ceballos. Ceballos is not such a great talent that you just feel sad he chose a rival. He's not exactly 2013 Isco.

Sure, he has the chance to win the CL. Douglas won the treble though. And :lol: at implying Ceballos is close to Rakitic. Guys like Thiago, Verratti, Eriksen, these guys are improvements over Rakitic. Not freaking Ceballos.

We're signing Arthur btw. This guys is better and smarter than Ceballos and is the same age.

Last edited:

El Gato

Villarato!
Doesn't make any sense. I rate Alena very highly and want him to succeed here at the club, being a La Masia player and all. He plays in a similar position to Ceballos. Ceballos is not such a great talent that you just feel sad he chose a rival. He's not exactly 2013 Isco.

Sure, he has the chance to win the CL. Douglas won the treble though. And :lol: at implying Ceballos is close to Rakitic. Guys like Thiago, Verratti, Eriksen, these guys are improvements over Rakitic. Not freaking Ceballos.

We're signing Arthur btw. This guys is better and smarter than Ceballos and is the same age.

Didn't watch Alena. People rate him as much as they rated Tello or Pedro once upon a time. Plenty examples either way. But best of luck with the cantera. Barca at its best brings out competition from Madrid side.

I didn't imply Ceballos is close to Rakitić. Or Gomes for that matter. Might have been imprecise. I meant you gotta put up with guys who are either hot and cold or just cold in a position that decides whether you dominate the game or not. And that's not really something you can change with a single transfer anyway. Ceballos would be long term improvement over him, whether it is in 2 or 3 seasons forward. Everyone wants everything to be immediate. Ceballos isn't likely to change anything immediately for any given mid-tier club. Not from a midfielder position.

Never seen Arthur play. Can't comment on smarts. But he's Brazillian so it doesn't bode well, lol.

serghei

I didn't imply Ceballos is close to Rakitić. Or Gomes for that matter. Might have been imprecise. I meant you gotta put up with guys who are either hot and cold or just cold in a position that decides whether you dominate the game or not. And that's not really something you can change with a single transfer anyway. Ceballos would be long term improvement over him, whether it is in 2 or 3 seasons forward. Everyone wants everything to be immediate. Ceballos isn't likely to change anything immediately for any given mid-tier club. Not from a midfielder position.

Never seen Arthur play. Can't comment on smarts. But he's Brazillian so it doesn't bode well, lol.

Ceballos wasn't exactly what was needed for our midfield. We already have attacking players in midfield that like to go up and score goals and do fancy dribbles or try to beat their man. Somebody more low profile is needed for that position who would do the right thing consistently without much fuss or too many embellishments. Just shield the ball, control it in short spaces and pass it in the gaps. The part that makes it hard to do is actually the restraint you have to show. Many players once they find themselves in space want to carry on being the star in that moment, do an extra dribble, go up, stuff like that. The temptation is high. We actually need a player who would gain and use space not to highlight his own ability but to place a very good pass and provide smart progression for the team. Then hold position more often than not. Not follow the play all the time. Someone who would know that they won't be the stars in that team, but they will be very important. It takes a very very smart player, who really understands football, to accept such a restraint.

Last edited:

El Gato

Villarato!
Based on what I saw, he's arguably better suited for the Iniesta role than Coutinho is if I'm honest. Ceballos isn't anywhere near as obsessed with scoring or even making the final pass. Difference between him and Llorente was clear for instance, with one almost never popping up in the final third and didn't leave us open on counters as a CM/DM instincts tell. Dani couldn't do what Kovacić does ATM too with sometimes absolute defensive targets set out in some games specifically for him, not just following Messi everywhere. But he is capable of a lot and knows how to keep possession. Needs time, needs patience, but he has a knack for playmaking, more so than direct attacking.

Trickykid

With Kovacic leaving, this should be Ceballos' make or break season. There will be plenty minutes up for grabs for him with Kovacic out and and Modric ageing.
Unless of course RM suddenly signs another midfielder out of the blue.

kattanib

Based on what I saw, he's arguably better suited for the Iniesta role than Coutinho is if I'm honest. Ceballos isn't anywhere near as obsessed with scoring or even making the final pass. Difference between him and Llorente was clear for instance, with one almost never popping up in the final third and didn't leave us open on counters as a CM/DM instincts tell. Dani couldn't do what Kovacić does ATM too with sometimes absolute defensive targets set out in some games specifically for him, not just following Messi everywhere. But he is capable of a lot and knows how to keep possession. Needs time, needs patience, but he has a knack for playmaking, more so than direct attacking.

Delusional much?

kattanib

With Kovacic leaving, this should be Ceballos' make or break season. There will be plenty minutes up for grabs for him with Kovacic out and and Modric ageing.
Unless of course RM suddenly signs another midfielder out of the blue.
The kid is in Betis according to what has been said in the previous page

El Gato

Villarato!
[tw]1035475158583201793[/tw]

:lol: Dumb player. Goes to a midfield stacked Madrid, rubs the bench or the seats in the stands, and less than a year later goes back to Betis. Horrible career choice.

Still holding onto the opinion, eh?

Proper glad for Ceballos. His career is on the up.

serghei

[tw]1035475158583201793[/tw]

Still holding onto the opinion, eh?

Proper glad for Ceballos. His career is on the up.

Let's see how much he'll play this year. Last year he mostly trained with Madrid's first team.

Home of Barca Fans