Current squad depth issues

10Rivaldo

Hoy, mañana y siempre traductor
We had depth issues last season as well, we just luckily didn't suffer any long term injuries. Unlikely to happen again, the transfer ban will fuck us this season.

Ritchie

It's going to take good planning. Moving forward::

Goalkeeper: Bravo and MTS should be enough for a while
Right back: Alves for the short term, Vidal longer term and either Douglas, Roberto or a La Masia player as back up or get Bellerin back.
Centre Back: Pique and Mascherano for another few years. Vermalen as well. Need a top younger CB to complement them and move on Bartra and Mathieu.
Left Back: Alba for another few years. If we're not going to trust Grimaldo we need a good young left back to back Alba up.

If we can't rely on La Masia we need one or two elite young defenders. We need our Varane.

CDM: Busquets for another few years. Hopefully Samper to back him up or give him the chance.
CM: Rakitic and Turan for another few years.
CM: Iniesta for another couple of years. Pogba next summer and then to take over from him.

Splash out on Pogba and trust in Samper.

LW: Neymar.
Cf: Suarez.
RW: Messi.
The front three will need some proper back ups but it's difficult to do. Pedro was ideal but Munir, Rafinha and Sandro aren't good enough to deputise. Anyone who is good enough won't want to be back up. This is where we need real talent coming through La Masia but Deulefeu and Traore have gone.

Last edited:

Neymessi

I think we are covered well for every position.We have an abundance of cbs which a few years ago we had an acute lack of.Rafinha can cover a variety of positions in midfield and attack when needed.

PhilS

In the game on Sunday, we saw almost all the players who will provide the depth until January. I am quite relieved that they all played so well.

The only position that looks bad for depth is LB. The options tried in preseason all looked not worthy of any playing time. I hope Lucho tries Verm or Sergi Roberto there next time Alba is not available.

Home of Barca Fans