Spanish Super Cup: Barca - Bilbao 1-1 (1-5 agg.)

Egert

Estonian Culé
I would say we definately improved from the first game and played beautiful football in the 1st half, with a bit of more luck we could have scored 2-3 goals in the 1st. Pique's red card killed it for us IMO, would have taken that 1-0 win with a clean sheet but yeah...

The players better get their minds together and give the fans some joy by defeating Bilbao on Sunday.

ATLBarcaFan

Hopefully this will motivate the team, it is going to be a long tough season, 3 pts on Sunday would be a great way to start

F

Flavia

[tw]633642469096321025[/tw]

Impressive celebration. That really meant more for them.

jairzinho

History would show that we were outclassed over both legs, probably even humiliated. History would also show that we were hamstrung by injuries and fatigue brought upon by globetrotting following our historic treble winning success. Honestly i'm happy for Bilbao. As insignificant as the supercopa is to Barca, its probably one of the few trophies Bilbao will ever have any chacne of winning. congrats to them.

Kikan

My conclusion from this saga is :

The major problem here is not losing the supercopa , it is Lucho and the way he managed the team this summer . Total fail and not an ounce of vision which is scary . Barca is a great team and we should never rely on trial and error to figure out which players can or can ot make the first team . Call me what you want , but i believe players are either Very Good , just good , acceptable , sucks . The entire subs in Barca team either sucks or acceptable which is not good enough for a club like Barca .

Despite all that I do not have a doubt in my mind that we will make it this year soley due to our MSN . So relax and enjoy the season and hopefully we can put this depressing summer behind us .

klc123

Congrats to Athletic. Deserved winners. They were better in both ties.

Now, I hope Enrique tells the players to rest a lot. They look so tired. And the next 3 liga games will be hard. Athletic away, Malaga at home and Atlético away... :|

I'm struggling to see how Bilbao were better at the camp nou. They played hack football from start to finish and only got away with it due to poor officiating. Messi and Iniesta were kicked out of the game. That's ignoring the ridiculous decision for pique's sending off.

My conclusion from this saga is :

The major problem here is not losing the supercopa , it is Lucho and the way he managed the team this summer . Total fail and not an ounce of vision which is scary . Barca is a great team and we should never rely on trial and error to figure out which players can or can ot make the first team . Call me what you want , but i believe players are either Very Good , just good , acceptable , sucks . The entire subs in Barca team either sucks or acceptable which is not good enough for a club like Barca .

Despite all that I do not have a doubt in my mind that we will make it this year soley due to our MSN . So relax and enjoy the season and hopefully we can put this depressing summer behind us .

People were constantly complaining that Lucho didn't use the youth players in games that mattered in the league. He uses them in pre-season/cup games that don't matter, they play absolutely dreadful, and Lucho is the one blamed? Sergio Roberto has been the worst player on the pitch in his last 3 appearances.

And what is the point in complaining about how poor our bench is and blaming lucho when he cannot do anything about it? We have a transfer ban. He has brought in some players who will be fantastic additions to the squad in January, he has done everything he can. The guy clearly knows what he is doing if he won the treble last year with a team that was superior to Guardiola's in every single way.

edit:
MSN wouldn't be able to do anything last year if the rest of the team wasn't playing as good as what Lucho got them playing. The incessant hatred for Enrique on these forums is getting pathetic.

History would show that we were outclassed over both legs, probably even humiliated. History would also show that we were hamstrung by injuries and fatigue brought upon by globetrotting following our historic treble winning success. Honestly i'm happy for Bilbao. As insignificant as the supercopa is to Barca, its probably one of the few trophies Bilbao will ever have any chacne of winning. congrats to them.

I would not consider 1-1 against a bilbao side that hacked their way to victory and got extremely lucky with some terrible refereeing an embarrassment. The first leg was awful, but I blame that on the young players that started that leg who showed they are not good enough for the first team at all.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans