Spanish Super Cup: Barca - Bilbao 1-1 (1-5 agg.)

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Spanish Super Cup: Athletic Bilbao - FC Barcelona

Game is played this Friday already. 22h CET

Will be a very tough on our boys who just played 120 min. vs. Sevilla in European Super Cup and had to travel in Tbilisi and back.

Neymar and Alba are out, others should be ready.

I don't like 2 legged cups/super cups but on this instance I think it could benefit us somewhat as we are bound to be tired in first leg in Bilbao.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
And if Pedro is definitely leaving, I hope Luis Enrique will play this game without starting him to practice for the first round of La Liga against Bilbao away.

Rafinha will likely start again, although if iniesta is kept out as a precaution I can see Sandro starting. I feel like the Pedro transfer may be wrapped up soon.

hardyboy

[formation=barca,6]
0-0-0-Bravo-0-0-0
0-0-Masch-0-Pique-0-0
Alves-0-0-0-0-0-Mathieu
0-0-0-Busquets-0-0-0
Rakitic-0-0-0-0-0-Rafinha
0-0-0-0-0-0-0
Messi-0-0-Suarez-0-0-Munir
[/formation]

Alik

[formation=barca,6]
MAtS
0-0-Pique-0-Masche-0-0
Alves-0-0-0-0-0-Adriano
0-0-0-Busquets-0-0-0
0-Rakitic-0-0-0-Iniesta>Rafinha-0
0-0-0-0-0-0-0
0-Messi-0-Suarez-0-Sandro>Munir-0
0-0-0-0-0-0-0
[/formation]

I'm hoping for something like that. LB is a problem. All alternatives are risky...:thinking:

Also no idea what's the situation with Pedro but I don't think he will play.

Any news on Iniesta's injury?

barcanuck

Quick turn around doesn't favor us. Let just score an away Goal or two and not Concede. It will be intresting to see which goalie starts. Odds are on Bravo.

PhilS

You'd think that Adriano would have earned a start at LB for this game, by process of elimination. Clearly, LB Mathieu has earned a spot on the bench after that last game. Same for Bartra at CB.

I could see a couple of the 120 minute men rested. This is when you need the back-up players to step up.

10Rivaldo

Hoy, mañana y siempre traductor
I think people are being too harsh with Mathieu at LB. He's not used to it yet, but he's got the skillset to do well there. I recall people thinking Abidal at CB was terrible back when Pep tried it, but after a few shaky games he became rock solid as a CB.

Catalan Fan

I think people are being too harsh with Mathieu at LB. He's not used to it yet, but he's got the skillset to do well there. I recall people thinking Abidal at CB was terrible back when Pep tried it, but after a few shaky games he became rock solid as a CB.

How many big games would you be willing to risk him playing at LB, to either prove or disprove this ?

He had a mare at Bernabeu last season, plus another last night, both at LB.

Home of Barca Fans