Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 50

Thread: West Ham

  1. #16
    Senior Member
    Barcafan 2304's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    England
    Posts
    5,326
    Quote Originally Posted by Bojan View Post
    Any club that is being supported by Iron Maiden is on my list of clubs too.
    Metallica rule!!! Lol
    roberto's number one fan

  2. #17
    Senior Member
    Jenks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    3,344
    Quote Originally Posted by Barcafan 2304 View Post
    I'm a bit behind the news mate. Everything sorted with that cos last I heard, there were complaints etc about West Ham taking the stadium
    Done deal.

  3. #18
    Senior Member
    Catalan Fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    963
    Since when has the British taxpayer started funding Premier League stadiums ? I honestly don't get this shit.

    The Olympic stadium originally cost around 500m, mostly paid for by the taxpayer.
    The redevelopment cost is around 200million, mostly paid for by the taxpayer.

    West Ham have paid 15m of that, but will get at least 20m out of the Upton Park sale to developers.They will pay 2.5m per season rent (99yr lease) but everything else is essentially free from policing, stewarding, maintenance, heating... down to the fucking goal posts and corner flags.

    Any other team has to pay/fund their own new stadiums, yet the British taxpayer is paying for West Ham to have an essentially brand new, free 60,000 stadium with next to no running costs either !

    You couldn't make this shit up.

    I honestly don't know how this is legal.
    Team Arda !

  4. #19
    Senior Member
    Jenks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    3,344
    It had to go to someone. They do pay rent and addons based on how successful they are also, so eventually it will generate profit for the taxpayer.

    Not within out lifetimes though...

  5. #20
    Dr. Raed St. Claire
    Raed's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    3,755
    Quote Originally Posted by Catalan Fan View Post
    Since when has the British taxpayer started funding Premier League stadiums ? I honestly don't get this shit.

    The Olympic stadium originally cost around 500m, mostly paid for by the taxpayer.
    The redevelopment cost is around 200million, mostly paid for by the taxpayer.

    West Ham have paid 15m of that, but will get at least 20m out of the Upton Park sale to developers.They will pay 2.5m per season rent (99yr lease) but everything else is essentially free from policing, stewarding, maintenance, heating... down to the fucking goal posts and corner flags.

    Any other team has to pay/fund their own new stadiums, yet the British taxpayer is paying for West Ham to have an essentially brand new, free 60,000 stadium with next to no running costs either !

    You couldn't make this shit up.

    I honestly don't know how this is legal.
    Would not this be state sponsorship?
    May permanent peace be brought to the Arab world. My heart goes out to the families of those who have lost loved one(s). I wish and hope those who are creating religious, racial, regional, and tribal divisions among/within the Arab nations would be defeated in their quest for the destruction of the Middle East.

  6. #21
    Senior Member
    Catalan Fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    963
    Quote Originally Posted by Raed View Post
    Would not this be state sponsorship?
    In my view it's state sponsorship and I don't think we've heard the last of this yet.If you're a West Ham fan it's deal of the century, for everyone else (tax payers) it's a complete rip off/ joke.

    Here's some numbers...
    http://www.theguardian.com/football/...lympic-stadium
    Team Arda !

  7. #22
    Scandinavian 101
    Deco 20's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    6,534
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenks View Post
    It had to go to someone. They do pay rent and addons based on how successful they are also, so eventually it will generate profit for the taxpayer.

    Not within out lifetimes though...
    In other words, not a lot

  8. #23
    Senior Member
    Jenks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    3,344
    I'm pretty sure the deal was already investigated twice by an independence body. I don't see anything changing in future. It was either this or the stadium went on the scrap heap, because the costly refit was happening anyway and no one else was going to pay for it. West Ham don't own it, they rent it, so it'll still be used for other sporting events by the government.
    Last edited by Jenks; 21st April 2016 at 09:31 PM.

  9. #24
    Senior Member
    Catalan Fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    963
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenks View Post
    I'm pretty sure the deal was already investigated twice by an independence body. I don't see anything changing in future. It was either this or the stadium went on the scrap heap, because the costly refit was happening anyway and no one else was going to pay for it. West Ham don't own it, they rent it, so it'll still be used for other sporting events by the government.
    Yeah, n we're still paying for it.Not West Ham.

    I get the argument that they needed a tenant, but Orient got shafted, so did Spurs.You also have to wonder why the LLDC fought tooth and nail for this information to be published.Actually you don't now, because the figures speak for themselves.

    Tax payers pay 700 million, West Ham pay 15 million, plus basically free running costs for the next 99 yrs.Not to mention all the huge PL/tv revenue coming in next season.

    Am not even anti West Ham, it's just such a piss take to other clubs looking to finance their own stadiums plus tax payers funding it all.

    I'll leave it at that, winds me up too much lol.

    EDIT; Was this the best deal they could secure for the tax payer ? Not in a million yrs... although that's probably when we will break even
    Last edited by Catalan Fan; 21st April 2016 at 09:48 PM.
    Team Arda !

  10. #25
    Senior Member
    Jenks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    3,344
    The tax payer pays 200m for the West Ham refit. The rest of the work would have been done either way. Don't worry, in a century when we're all dead it'll be turning a profit for us

  11. #26
    Dr. Raed St. Claire
    Raed's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    3,755
    who earns the gate sales?
    May permanent peace be brought to the Arab world. My heart goes out to the families of those who have lost loved one(s). I wish and hope those who are creating religious, racial, regional, and tribal divisions among/within the Arab nations would be defeated in their quest for the destruction of the Middle East.

  12. #27
    Senior Member
    Catalan Fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    963
    All the revenue goes to West Ham, so 2 home games basically pays for a seasons rent.

    Oh and the tax payer also pay for the turnstile operators..........
    Team Arda !

  13. #28
    Senior Member
    Catalan Fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    963
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenks View Post
    The tax payer pays 200m for the West Ham refit. The rest of the work would have been done either way. Don't worry, in a century when we're all dead it'll be turning a profit for us
    Jenks, it's a huge piss take, admit it ! and stop making me reply to this

    Tax payer paid 700m........
    Team Arda !

  14. #29
    President of FC Barcelona

    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Shadowland!
    Posts
    21,898
    Blog Entries
    3
    West Ham have gotten themselves the deal of the century lol

  15. #30
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,904
    Karren Brady is in with the tories isn't she? thats how they probably managed to get it.

    Agree that its a pisstake.