UEFA Europa League 2015/16

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yannik

why is the Ballon D'or listed as a european title? Or as a title in general?

Edit: Even WC trophy is there

Yannik

For all the talk about it being an individual award, a player needs an awesome team to win it!

but that doesn't make it a title.
A title is something that you win on the field after 90mins, an Award like this one is the price of a poll that you receive while wearing a suit and slipping Champaigne. And furthermore it's also not a european award.

Last edited:
J

Jamie Cal

The only one I had given was the one involving Krychowiak and Sturridge, the rest looked like correct calls.

I think the Carrico one is a stronger call than that. Krychowiak's feet were planted and body position set, but Carrico was moving towards the ball, lower part of arm in somewhat moving. Probably wouldn't of given any but I wouldn't of been surprised at that one.

zanela

why is the Ballon D'or listed as a european title? Or as a title in general?

Edit: Even WC trophy is there

It's not an accurate representation, no. The idea was just to illustrate how far ahead Lliga is atm. Even if you took out the individual titles, Lliga would still lead by a good margin.

Here's some interesting tid-bits about Unai, the king of EL. Already familiar, but for those who aren't. Also explains why they don't normally do well in the CL.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3592967/Unai-Emery-workaholic-methods-taken-Sevilla-brink-Europa-League-title.html

Another win for spanish clubs. They could sit out all european games next season and still be 99% certain of retaining the number 1 UEFA ranking :)
It can't get much better than this.

Catalan Fan

Congrats to Sevilla and [MENTION=2766]Antimilan[/MENTION], that's 5 Europa Cups out of 10.Pretty impressive !

I was considering a bet on Sevilla earlier today.... thought 3-1 with Gameiro to score, but didn't bother to do it :angry:

Antimilan

Thanks to all for the congrats. It was a great match in overall, with Sevilla deserving the trophy. Not to disrespect Liverpool or any other team, during the campaign I feared Bilbao most, and we almost got knocked out by them. They are extremely unpredictable and always play their hearts out against us, that's the main reason.

My wish is to face Atletico for the SuperCup, but wouldn't mind getting a revenge on RM.

Morten

Thanks to all for the congrats. It was a great match in overall, with Sevilla deserving the trophy. Not to disrespect Liverpool or any other team, during the campaign I feared Bilbao most, and we almost got knocked out by them. They are extremely unpredictable and always play their hearts out against us, that's the main reason.

My wish is to face Atletico for the SuperCup, but wouldn't mind getting a revenge on RM.

Congrats, certainly wouldnt mind a supercup vs Sevilla ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans