Douglas Costa

gsgosal

A very impressive substitute performance today for Brazil. Doesn't fit the Barca style of football, but worth a shout out

Morten

Good thing Costa and Firminho didnt start the game, Brazil might not have been knocked out if they did.
Though they still missed Casemiro on those counters.

Sorin

Run first type of player...

That's why the best part of his career was at Bayern under Guradiola? Or are you trying to say that Guardiola doesn't play "Barca style football".

Fast wingers with strong dribbling skills are the hallmark for possession based teams in attack. They are the ones who can create mismatches because they have the weakest coverage of all attacking players. They are often presented with 1 on 1 situation so they should be able to beat their markers. The rest of the team is congested in the middle so little space to create.

Douglas Costa would help us so much on that LW. It's a bonus that he plays the RW with just about the same success. Would be a no brainer to bring him here. Slim chances tho.

gsgosal

That's why the best part of his career was at Bayern under Guradiola? Or are you trying to say that Guardiola doesn't play "Barca style football".

Fast wingers with strong dribbling skills are the hallmark for possession based teams in attack. They are the ones who can create mismatches because they have the weakest coverage of all attacking players. They are often presented with 1 on 1 situation so they should be able to beat their markers. The rest of the team is congested in the middle so little space to create.

Douglas Costa would help us so much on that LW. It's a bonus that he plays the RW with just about the same success. Would be a no brainer to bring him here. Slim chances tho.

So from me saying I don't think he fits the current team, you allege im saying Guardiola doesn't 'play barca style football'. Its Friday, treat yourself to a cold one

Sorin

A very impressive substitute performance today for Brazil. Doesn't fit the Barca style of football, but worth a shout out

So from me saying I don't think he fits the current team, you allege im saying Guardiola doesn't 'play barca style football'. Its Friday, treat yourself to a cold one

The Barca style of football...I don't see anything about "current team" in your OP.

If that's what you wanted to say then fine, even though I still strongly disagree. He'd suit us perfectly. Can cover both flanks and adds quality depth and versatility to our formations.

Last edited:

gsgosal

The Barca style of football...I don't see anything about "current team" in your OP.

If that's what you wanted to say then fine, even though I still strongly disagree. He'd suit us perfectly. Can cover both flanks and adds quality depth and versatility to our formations.

We both agree on one thing....id still take him any day of the week. His attitude/commitment shown today was ferocious. Something lacking these days

Truthist

Too late now Juve have signed him but I've always rated him highly. Destroys defenders in one v one duels, is very direct and works very hard.

MTL_Barca

He was great today. Never really understood why Bayern got rid of him. Pep should have taken him to City.

After his amazing first half season he fell off pretty hard, his game against Real Madrid in CL was probably one of the worst, unmotivated performances i've ever seen in an important CL game. Hoeneß also said that his agent wanted a big raise early and they weren't happy with an Interview his agent gave as well as his performances after that amazing start so selling him for a profit wasn't bad imo.

He did good at Juve last season and showed his potential at WC when he got a chance but he can also be a very frustrating player to watch, had a lot of awful games for Bayern too. Good player overall but i wouldn't want him at Barca, especially since i'd fear he wouldn't be motivated for long as a big payed sub and for a starter its not enough for me.

If i had to choose between Costa and Willian i'd still pick Costa tho but i don't think thats an option and if there was a possibility Juve would probably demand way too much, would never pay like 80M+ for a player like Costa.

Last edited:

ab739

Too late now Juve have signed him but I've always rated him highly. Destroys defenders in one v one duels, is very direct and works very hard.

Jesus, I can just imagine our defense trying to defend against costa, Ronaldo, and cuadrado��

Home of Barca Fans