El Flaco

13053.jpg

Full name: Douglas Costa
Date of birth: 14 September 1990
Nationality: Brazil
Height: 1.72 m (5 ft 7 1⁄2 in)
Club: Bayern München
Playing position: Attacking midfielder

Given to the Brazilian's fantastic performance today against Milan, it looks like he's gonna make Ribery fight for his spot in the line-up when the Frenchman returns from injury.

Last edited:

Egert

Estonian Culé
He was amazing vs Wolfsburg aswell. Had some assists during pre-season too if I'm not mistaken. Looks like a promising player with lots of speed and skill. Keeping my eye one him definately.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
He was amazing vs Wolfsburg aswell. Had some assists during pre-season too if I'm not mistaken. Looks like a promising player with lots of speed and skill. Keeping my eye one him definately.

He had an assist in the game against Valencia in Beijing and also played very well against Inter Milan in Shanghai and Evergrande in Guangzhou.

Yannik

He has the acceleration of a track runner. I'd say faster than Aubameyang or Walcott on the first 10 meters.

El Flaco

I'm surprised other clubs, unlike Bayern didn't made an effort to sign this lad...

He's doing everything Götze is dreaming of: Costa's faster, better one-on-one, more creative and better at crosses.

Last edited:

xXKonan

Has he been playing on the Left wing? if he keeps up his performance he's a really solid replacement for Ribery.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Bayern's squad truly is stacked now with the reinforcement of Costa/Vidal and hopefully having Thiago permanently. If they can keep injuries to a minimum this year I'm very scared of them, moreso than RM.

Yannik

I'm surprised other clubs, unlike Bayern didn't made an effort to sign this lad...

He's doing everything Götze is dreaming of: Costa's faster, better one-on-one, more creative and better at crosses.

That is simple:
He played 141 games in the ukranian league and scored 29 goals and gave 30 assists.
Those are average stats in a mediocre league. Noone sane would pay 30-35m there on first sight.

But Costa is somehow exploding. I dont know why, maybe Shakhtar pulled him down, maybe he just works for Bayern, but no matter what it is: He will probably excell his former stats even though he will play in a way bigger league. He has momentum going with him.

G

Gasgas

He had an assist in the game against Valencia in Beijing and also played very well against Inter Milan in Shanghai and Evergrande in Guangzhou.

i imagine bayern playing

neur
lahm.... benatia..........boateng......alaba
..............J.Martinez
.......vidal.................thiago
..muller.....lewandowski........costa

scary scary team

R

Ryu Hayabusa

Several others, including spox IIRC, said 30. On transfermarkt, he is listed as 30. The latest I read AFTER the transfer was done, was 30.
Sport1 isn't that great/reliable anyways... ;) According to them, Mario Gomez to Bayern was a done deal a whole year before he actually joined for instance.

The link you provided was right before the transfer was completed btw.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Top three certainly among CL favorites no doubt. Let's just hope Guardiola will try something new and screws up when it matters.

Home of Barca Fans