vigneshFCB

i imagine bayern playing

neur
lahm.... benatia..........boateng......alaba
..............J.Martinez
.......vidal.................thiago
..muller.....lewandowski........costa

scary scary team

Martinez would be a weakness in midfield in Pep's style. High pressure teams may considerably limit Bayern's precise build up if Martinez plays in that position. It's why Pep bought Alonso - to ensure that Bayern could easily evade the first line of pressure.

R

Ryu Hayabusa

But Costa is somehow exploding. I dont know why, maybe Shakhtar pulled him down, maybe he just works for Bayern, but no matter what it is: He will probably excell his former stats even though he will play in a way bigger league. He has momentum going with him.

There was a moneyball article at spielverlagerung.de specifically trying to answer the question which available/rumored winger would add the most to Bayern for a reasonable price. DC was among the top 3, if not even #1 IIRC. Maybe somebody at Bayern read it and believed the arguments for him. ;)

El Flaco

[MENTION=19371]Yannik[/MENTION]

Stats doesn't mean everything as Costa's really good in the game. But it wasn't that high of a transfer fee when you consider that Firmino cost Liverpool €41M; wingers are expensive in today's market.

Bayern absolutely paid market value for Costa.

[MENTION=16262]Ryu Hayabusa[/MENTION]

Ok, I'll change to €30M

Last edited:

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
He's energetic, I'll give him that.
Reminds me of Alexis and that's maybe why Pep picked him in the first place.

Blaugrana Bull

HiiiPoWeR
Martinez would be a weakness in midfield in Pep's style. High pressure teams may considerably limit Bayern's precise build up if Martinez plays in that position. It's why Pep bought Alonso - to ensure that Bayern could easily evade the first line of pressure.

It is actually the opposite. Javi is very reliable when under pressure but Xabi regularly makes mistakes when he is pressured. Questionable passes to teammates who are in bad positions or his classic awkward foul after a lost ball.

Sterlingfan2000

Holy shit this guy is wow. He is so fast, I think he is even faster than Neymar. And technically he is also good. I hate bayern but maybe this transfer was a good one. He has special ability on 1v1.

anguy

I don't care about Bayern, but at least Brazil will have more options in attack besides Neymar... That is, if Dunga plays him. He can be really stupid with his selections sometimes.

yahudi

Brazil's NT problems run way deeper than that... ever since the 90s, their central midfielders provided workrate and stability instead of creativity. As long as there was enough creative talent and a clinical striker upfront, things went pretty well. The recent squad misses at least one of them.

Adding another pacy winger eases the symptoms but does not fix the root of the problem

R

Ryu Hayabusa

Brazil's NT problems run way deeper than that... ever since the 90s, their central midfielders provided workrate and stability instead of creativity. As long as there was enough creative talent and a clinical striker upfront, things went pretty well. The recent squad misses at least one of them.

Adding another pacy winger eases the symptoms but does not fix the root of the problem

__________whoever_____________
Neymar___Firminho__Douglas Coasta

That is very decent by any standard in the world of football when it comes to creativity.

Home of Barca Fans