Mascherano chosen as the 4th captain!

F

Flavia

Barça's four captains for 2015/16

WWW.FCBARCELONA.COM
08/04/2015 11:00

Andrés Iniesta, Leo Messi, Sergio Busquets and Javier Mascherano have been chosen by their teammates as the four captains for the 2015/16 season
Iniesta takes over from Xavi, with Mascherano a captain at the Club for the first time

1280x720_capitans-eng.v1438685361.jpg

The FC Barcelona first team have chosen their four captains for the coming season, with Andrés Iniesta, Leo Messi, Sergio Busquets and Javier Mascherano, picked by their teammates to lead the side.
With the departure of Xavi, Iniesta takes over as first captain, with Messi and Sergio repeating as second and third vice-captains and Javier Mascherano coming in as the fourth captain.
The voting was done in secret by the squad and the coaching staff now have to give their approval to the results.

First team regulars

In his 14[SUP]th[/SUP] season at the Club, Iniesta, who played 41 games (2.945 minutes) and scored 3 goals last season, will lead the side, with, Messi, in his twelfth season, with 56 games and 56 goals last year, will be his vice-captain. Sergio played 3.636 minutes, scoring1 goal and Mascherano put in 3.926 minutes in 46 games last year.

aaron101

I was hoping that Masch gets the 3rd captain spot instead of Busi as he's older and Busi is too quiet on the pitch.

Stric

Happy for Masch. He deserves it. Can't stand seeing Busquets there, though. If there's one type of guy who should never be captain under any circumstances, it's Busquets. A fucking travesty.

King Leo

Banned
Happy for Masch. He deserves it. Can't stand seeing Busquets there, though. If there's one type of guy who should never be captain under any circumstances, it's Busquets. A fucking travesty.

Agree %100 but no need for conflicts. Mascherano is the true captain on and off the pitch. Seeing Mascherano wear the armband will be a very rarity. Messi plays almost every single game and he's 2nd captain.

Stric

Besides, if I understand correctly, the first three automatically move on from their previous spots, and the team only votes for the 4th? Or do they vote for all 4 every season?

Icarium

Lifestealer
They vote for all 4 every season i think. It would make sense if they just vote for the 4th guy.

pleasantly surprised that masche trumped Piqué's seniority

that said i would not have liked it if the general order was disrupted. When a captain leaves, everyone should get bumped up a notch.

Vlom

Previously known as Mehssi
Pleasant surprise ! I wouldn't have minded Piqué either, he's been a true leader too this past season, but good for El Jefecito to get his armband!

jairzinho

Masch is a true leader. A lion among men. Iniesta only surpasses him because of seniority at the club.

Home of Barca Fans