Best 7-10 days to Spain to watch Barca

observer247

In the whole of the internet, found this forum to have the best discussion around Barcelona fans and the most informative and helpful members. So need your help here :)

With the schedules for the various tournaments being announced, lets discuss which are the best days to visit Barcelona (or nearby) for a 7 to 10 day trip. I have done my part of the research and it is interesting how many different factors we need to consider. For me, I need to fly from San Francisco and airfares are damn expensive and cancellation is mostly not allowed for the kind of fares I am looking for. Factors to consider, please lets brainstorm.

* Its best if we can see 3 Barca games in Camp Nou in a 10 day trip (Sat-Sun to Sat-Sun next)
* If not, maybe travel to Madrid to watch Barca-Real Madrid or Ath Madrid or Getafe game.
* 9th to 17th November is blocked for official or friendly Fifa games. So not a good time.
* Barca will be out to Japan from 17th to 20th December for the Club world cup.
* UEFA champions league dates are confirmed but who plays whom when is not. August 27th is when the group schedule draw is. That will tell us when Barca plays at Camp Nou and whom.
* The Copa Del Rey schedule will be announced only in October and with Barca away end of Dec, maybe there will be games as early as October end or November.
* The liga schedule even though announced, has some mistakes? Dec 20th is Barca- Real Betis but the same day, Barca plays in Japan. So not sure if we can rely on the scheduled matches which are far away.
* Need to factor in the availability of the tickets, airfares, weather etc.

Your thoughts please.

agm2502

Your best bet for getting 3 games at the Camp Nou is to go from the weekend beginning 17th October (ideally get there Friday 16th incase the game is early on Saturday) and staying until the Monday 26th October, You will get to see the matches against Eiber and Rayo Vallecano with a Champions league match day in the midweek, however until the draw takes place you wont know if they will play at home on that match day so it would be a risk.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Bear in mind the RFEF also can alter the schedule on short notice...best bet is to pick a game you'd really like to see and let the chips fall where they may for 1-2 other matches

Catalan Fan

If you'd of done your research, you'd realise that most game dates and times aren't confirmed until a week before.

I suggest you read this section in FULL, where most FAQ's have already been answered.I don't mind helping anyone with info, but my thoughts are, your a muppet.

Alik

If you'd of done your research, you'd realise that most game dates and times aren't confirmed until a week before.

I suggest you read this section in FULL, where most FAQ's have already been answered.I don't mind helping anyone with info, but my thoughts are, your a muppet.

Don't need to be rude...

observer247

[MENTION=19766]agm2502[/MENTION] Thanks. The risk with 17th October week is that because of the mid week game (UEFA) they might rest MSN. I know I said 3 games at Barca. The week starting 31st October is awesome. Villareal on 31st at Camp Nou, mid week (hoping its home) and El Clasico (at Madrid :( ) on 7th Nov. Right ?
[MENTION=711]FCBarca[/MENTION], is it fair to assume that the weekend and the venue will not be changed ? Maybe the day of the weekend (sat, sun) and the time may change ? I have to book at least a couple of months before. But I guess, thats a risk.

Currently I am waiting for August 27th UEFA draw.

One more factor to consider could be :) its better to watch the first game of the two legs. If Barca is ahead by say 3-0, chances are they will rest big players if they have strong liga games that week.

Thanks [MENTION=12859]Alik[/MENTION]. I did read more than 15 pages of the forum. Its nice when people make others feel welcome. This is possibly the best forum for discussing and sharing information on Barca on the whole internet.

pacp_96

Chief Of Footballing Matters
is it fair to assume that the weekend and the venue will not be changed ? Maybe the day of the weekend (sat, sun) and the time may change ? I have to book at least a couple of months before. But I guess, thats a risk.

Yes. The weekend of the game is unlikely to change only the day and time. Like you say, it is a risk as they reserve the rights to change the schedule but its normally (9 times out of 10) safe as long as you cover the whole of the weekend in your planning.

observer247

Realized I was wrong about that the leg2 game of a UEFA group stage can be unimportant. Its not. Maybe in knockout matches it is when they add the away and home. So a 3-0 in a QF would make the next game unimportant. But in group stage, they add points from all 6 games. So maybe the first 4 games of the 6 games are important as teams would like to win all 4 and maybe rest few players if they have liga games when 5th and 6th are played.

This year winners from each country will be placed in different groups in UEFA. So chances of Barca ending up in the same group as other strong teams is less. Last year Atheletico (Liga 1) and Juventus(Italy 1) were placed in same group, but not this time.

pacp_96

Chief Of Footballing Matters
Disagree. The chances of us playing a better side is increased IMO. For example, we can play three of the top English sides in the group stage whereas under the previous format they would all (most of them at least) have been in pot 1.

observer247

Makes sense.

By the way, I found the best 2 weeks to watch soccer in Spain and booked my round trip to Madrid from US :)

Starting off with El Clasico at Madrid, mid week UEFA, end week Camp Nou (Real Sociedad, we lost to them last game), mid week Copa Del Rey Barca game and end week game at Valencia.

Any suggestions on how to get tickets for the El Clasico ?
If I get tickets from club Barcelona (supporters club tickets), will they be on the goal side ?
I am tempted to pay $50 for the Madrista (or whatever its called) card. It seems I get access to buy tickets before its open to public. Need all the help here.

Big dream is about to come true !

Disagree. The chances of us playing a better side is increased IMO. For example, we can play three of the top English sides in the group stage whereas under the previous format they would all (most of them at least) have been in pot 1.

Home of Barca Fans