Barcelona in the future, which way to go?

How should the club manage young players

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

serghei

There seems to be many questions and worries about the way the club chooses to treat our young players lately. Which do you think it is the best model to follow considering the management of young players?

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Depend what you mean with "treat".
People hating Bartomeu jump at every chance to criticise but let's see what are those concernes specifically.

We don't have a golden generation of youngsters Lucho can promote.

serghei

I've just finished writing the options, I see each option can't exceed 200 chars.

Multiple choices allowed btw.

Last edited:

serghei

We don't have a golden generation of youngsters Lucho can promote.

One argument would be that we don't promote youngsters because we don't have any great ones atm. The other would be that we don't have any great ones, because we don't promote them like we should anymore.

bismp

One argument would be that we don't promote youngsters because we don't have any great ones atm. The other would be that we don't have any great ones, because we don't promote them like we should anymore.
It is a combination of the two.We sure don't have many great talents atm,but i believe that guys like Montoya and especially Bartra would have been benefited by a much bigger playing time.

What about the current youngsters?Well,i believe that Bartra is a quite good talent,but the coaches and especially Lucho don't believe in him really much.I mean, i'm ok with Matthieu,but there was no reason to buy the Verminator...And now i am hearing that we want o buy another CB...As for the midfield prodigies,i hope that Rafinha may someday replace Iniesta.Roberto should stay for rotation porpuses,like a new Keyta for example(if he can accept this role).Samper should be handled with great care,as he is a potential Xavi successor.As for the attackers,they are just really mediocre...As if this wasn't enough for them,they have to dethrone one of the MSN.Only Munir may develop to a decent backup attacker.

In conclusion,just because right now we don't have neither quantity nor phenomenal quality,it doesn't mean that we should abandon Masia and become the new Galacticos...The Masia should always be our first source of young talents.So,we must put great effort in this institution.If,and only if,the Masia fails to produce talents,then we should buy talents from other teams

serghei

With Montoya I was a non-believer since my first days on this forum, and he has given me no reasons to change my opinion.

I think Rafinha could become a starter somewhere in the next 2-3 years.

Undecided about Samper.

I think Munir has the talent, but is a morale player and can't be counted on constantly -- he'll have games in which he'll look like a great player, and games in which you forget he's actually playing. He needs MASSIVE game time. A mid table team that will give him time to play even if he hits rough patches, which he will. Halilovic is the same case (probably the player that I will continue to take a shot with at Barcelona).

And Sandro, Roberto (starting to ask myself about Bartra as well, sadly) look limited in a way that will impede their evolution at Barca.

Deulofeu is a little brat IMO, too spoiled to learn football is also about sacrifice, not only quick dribbles -- haven't seen a player so caged by his own qualities since maybe Quaresma.

Last edited:

khaled_a_d

We need to have sporting vision .
Look at Chelsea ,they buy many talented players between the age of 18-21 i.e players who are in same age range of Barca B players .and they have like 30 of them
But they know what they are doing ,every player goes to a club which he can fit perfectly .they get back who they want .the sell with high prices those they don't need .some players could stay in the team from the start like Oscar
We lack this vision and it hurt us both financially and football wise
We keep players who could have benefited from loan like Jonathan Dos Santos,Bartra,Montoya .we loan players who could have benefited from training every day with the world best to learn discipline like Deulofeu
Deulofeu loaned to a club he has no place into ,hell even Everton wasn't the best club for him .every shortcoming in his game could be said about Salah for example but Chelsea sent him for a perfect situation and now he is a Chelsea reject whom they might get them 20M .we simple have no clue which clubs are best for our players

The problem is that the club try to learn lessons or use approaches that isn't there .hey,let's promote all the youth player .get Tello/Cuenca/Bartra/Tello/Thiago to 1st team at same time ,meh let's lone all of them .ok ok loans doesn't work just sell them with buy back option!!
Every player should be treated differently and make the best decision for his future . there is no certain formula that work for all players

PhilS

Lucho has his own way of evaluating players. His way is a change for Barca. The team is already showing style changes from Pep's Barca. This transformation will continue.

He does play some young players, and is willing to have young players on the bench. The best example is Neymar, who is getting huge minutes in spite of excessive youth. Lucho brought back Rafinha, and gave him quite significant playing time last year. He likes Bartra, insists he stays on the team. Gave Munir a lot of chances last season. He likes Sergi Roberto. He did not rate Duelafeu (can't spell Catalan) or Montoya, they are gone. We don't know yet what will be done with some of the younger talent like Samper and Hallovic, don't blame Lucho yet.

Lucho highly values defense in all of his midfielders, I don't know if that is the strength of any of the midfielders not yet on the first team. In forwards, Lucho seems to like goals and assists, so the challenge for all other forwards will be to offer improvements over MSN.

G

Gasgas

samper, and somewhat grimaldo, and those that have been promoted
the rest of them sell sell sell
dont promote just for the sake of it, only players who have the potential and mental readiness to play at this level :coffee:

G

Gasgas

RIP La Masia forwards' careers at Barca.

it is not lucho's fault, they are mostly not good, it is not the matter of being trusted it is whether you are worth investing time on, you are worth giving playtime to
most of our youths arent with exception of may be samper

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
it is not lucho's fault, they are mostly not good, it is not the matter of being trusted it is whether you are worth investing time on, you are worth giving playtime to
most of our youths arent with exception of may be samper

It was a post made in jest. Being asked to improve upon MSN, the greatest forward line of all time (in my opinion), is a tall order.

ManusXavi

:) The best Graduates from the youth should feature intermittently both for the reserve and senior teams. Things are best not rushed. . .sometimes the best talent will travel a rocky road. . . .. . at the end of the day they stood out as the best from the rest as the better talent.
Stop with this fear of playing youth players in the first team.
They are the best graduates for a reason. Believe in them and intergrate their talent and Barca roots into the senior team.
At the end of day > 'A champion team is better than a team of champions'.

Home of Barca Fans