WC Qualifers 2018 - Europe

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Muller tearing us apart.

Was right behind the goal and close to the players. Perhaps I should've ran on the field and tackled him :pep:

Kimmich IMO was by far their most impressive player. Was fighting for every ball and his movement and game awareness was top notch. Got into great positions at the RB position plenty of times only for someone like Ozil to wander around and pass it elsewhere.

Now, Norway are minnows and Alesaami rubbish, bit still quite impressive.

Perhaps Kimmich actually might become the perfect Lahm successor.

Götze is still useless btw, Stindl's debut is long overdue

Thought Ozil was worse, but Gotze not far off.

Morten

Norway is poor in football and all, has been so for a long time and No one expected a result today. But i will point out that we also have a rubbish trainer, he has the worst win\loss ratio of any trainer the last 20-25 years by quite a bit. Why is he still in charge?

Was right behind the goal and close to the players. Perhaps I should've ran on the field and tackled him :pep:

Kimmich IMO was by far their most impressive player. Was fighting for every ball and his movement and game awareness was top notch. Got into great positions at the RB position plenty of times only for someone like Ozil to wander around and pass it elsewhere.

Now, Norway are minnows and Alesaami rubbish, bit still quite impressive.

Perhaps Kimmich actually might become the perfect Lahm successor.

Thought Ozil was worse, but Gotze not far off.

Kimmich wrote an article about himself in the player's tribune. Interesting read.

http://www.theplayerstribune.com/joshua-kimmich-bayern-munich/

Yannik

I really don't hate Götze actually, but I am just utterly annoyed by the fact that he gets so many undeserving caps for both club & country. He isn't half as technical as people make him out to be, he is an ok player that should be called up for the nationalteam regularly, but simply not as a starter and especially not as a false nine.
His only good asset there is that he offers good support for the wings, but the effectiveness of this is greatly diminished that the wings can basically do very little with this advantage when there's noone reliable in the center to make it count. So either cross it to the long post to Draxler/Müller where they are guarded by 3 defenders, or lay it into the back of the defence which has worked great today against Norway but will very often fail against more organised teams.
Götze neither has the skill, the awareness nor the strength to play as a striker and even if he'd play on a more preferred position like CAM, he wouldn't be good enough to seriously compete there because Ozil is a different lvl and Meyer is pronably already more composed than him. I mean actually plays Through Balls. Does Götze even know what that is?

I know I'm harsh, but I unlike a surprisingly big followership in germany, I don't see anything in Götze that helps us. All his goals and assists are somewhat lucky in the making, his touch is average, his passing is one dimensional, hes small, he's slow and he is harmless. Please field someone else, Löw.

Home of Barca Fans