WC Qualifers 2018 - Europe

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Lloris could have still easily booted it out. Larsson wasn't that close to him.

And his run came from a mile away, and Larsson even stopped sprinting for a second a few meters away from Lloris.

Not shocked though, this from a dude who thinks Zidane was poor vs Brazil in 2006 :worthy:

Messi983

Andorra won 1-0 against Hungary. Only second win in official games in their history, first happened back in 2004 against Macedonia.

GetIn

European qualifiers are a joke. All the teams in pot one should just get a bye to the World Cup and the rest of the teams can fight it out for the remaining four spots.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Qualifiers are a "joke" only because number of teams in Final tournaments is increased.

Now everybody has a sense of entitlement and feel they deserve to play in European Championship and World Cup.

GetIn

Qualifiers are a "joke" only because number of teams in Final tournaments is increased.

Now everybody has a sense of entitlement and feel they deserve to play in European Championship and World Cup.

Yup recent Euros proved this beyond any doubt, was the shittiest international tournament in a long time. Quality of play was horrible, the games were boring, the competition was diluted and to top it all off a team that finished 3rd place and didn't even win a match in the group stages wound up winning the whole thing. The whole thing felt so forced and took away a lot of the prestige away.

The South American Qualifiers for the World Cup are the only thing that is somewhat competitive these days.

FIFA and the Continental governing bodies are corrupt and money hungry as fuck and I wouldn't be surprised if they allowed every country willing to participate into the World Cup in the near future.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
They allowed Qatar to host the World Cup and had their top men indicted. What else has to be said.
Whole organisation is corrupt from the top down.

El Flaco

Lloris could have still easily booted it out. Larsson wasn't that close to him.

You're right. Lloris would've kicked the ball out - if Sebastian Larsson wasn't there to stress him into making that pass straight to Toivonen.

Looking at the clip from below, Lloris prepared himself to kick the ball out but poke ball a bit forward to avoid Larsson.

So yeah, I still think the 2-1 goal wouldn't have been possible had it not been for Larsson's effort.

https://streamable.com/kk661

And his run came from a mile away, and Larsson even stopped sprinting for a second a few meters away from Lloris.

Not shocked though, this from a dude who thinks Zidane was poor vs Brazil in 2006 :worthy:

Good that he didn't went through with it because if there's a slight contact on Lloris, the ref would've mostly awarded a free kick to you.

To stress Lloris into making that mistake is just enough.

Andorra won 1-0 against Hungary. Only second win in official games in their history, first happened back in 2004 against Macedonia.

And the winning goal was actually a decent header from that Anorra player.

https://streamable.com/a78cj

And according to the match stats on UEFA's official website, Andorra only made 43 passes over 90 minutes.

http://www.uefa.com/european-qualif...d=2000717/match=2017694/statistics/index.html

After the game, Hungarian fans shouted "Take off the jersey" to their own players after defeat against Andorra.

https://streamable.com/lbwz7

European qualifiers are a joke. All the teams in pot one should just get a bye to the World Cup and the rest of the teams can fight it out for the remaining four spots.

I think UEFA should introduce pre-qualifiers as it's necessary to weed out NTs like San Marino, Malta etc. where almost everyone are part-timers.

El Flaco

Seems like Rakitic isn't on the starting XI or even at bench.

What happened to him?

[tw]873959558275895297[/tw]

Icarium

Lifestealer
I read a rumour that he had a small injury and won't be joining the National team for some time.

In Barcaforum only I think, in Rakitic thread. Don't have any source though.

Last edited:

JerseyAddict

He reported injury. Lower bottom of abdomen. Don't know eng word. Abbs?

So he was excused from this match.

Btw. Croatia is struggling with Iceland.

Our midfield is Badelj-Modric and Kovacic is AM

El Flaco

I read a rumour that he had a small injury and won't be joining the National team for some time.

In Barcaforum only I think, in Rakitic thread. Don't have any source though.

He reported injury. Lower bottom of abdomen. Don't know eng word. Abbs?

So he was excused from this match.

Btw. Croatia is struggling with Iceland.

Our midfield is Badelj-Modric and Kovacic is AM

Thanks for the info.

Home of Barca Fans